The SERVE (Service Experiences for ReVitalizing Education) Program creates an opportunity for students at the undergraduate level, in particular for those who are considering careers in K-12 education, to learn about the realities of urban classrooms and the needs of the diverse K-12 student population. SERVE students work with students individually and in small groups to provide academic support and encourage personal growth. It is through this involvement that CSULB students assess their careers goals and provide direct service to students and teachers in grades K-12 and their communities.
The SERVE Program is a Long Beach Education Partnership Project. It is administered through the Center for Collaboration in Education. All students requesting SERVE placement must be enrolled in the university for the entire semester of their SERVE assignment.
District Partners & School Coordinators
Steps to success in be cleared and placed in the SERVE Program:
- Step 1: Visit program information! This page will inform you of what SERVE's all about!
- Step 2: Visit SERVE clearance information! This page will help you how to get cleared and clearance times!
- Step 3: After you've complete Step 1 & Step 2, you will now need to register for SERVE on S4@ The Beach.
- Step 4: You completed the SERVE registration process, submitted your form. Placement information will be emailed to you. Please check junk/spam mail.
- Step 5: You've been placed! Now, you need to Submit your SERVE Placement Confirmation form in S4@ The Beach.
- Step 6: Begin your hours and record them weekly in S4@ The Beach and send them to your Cooperating Teacher for approval.
- Step 7: You have completed your SERVE rotation! Congratulations, You will now need to send your cooperating teacher a final evaluation link by filling out the End of Rotation form in S4@ The Beach. You will need to provide your Cooperating Teacher's name and email address.
- Step 8: Once your Cooperating Teacher fills out the final evaluation, you will be able to view and download it in S4@ The Beach.
Federal Work-Study Program
Please contact the Liberal Studies Department.
Please contact the Teacher Preparation Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 562/985-1105