Career Technical Education Teaching Credential
Current CSULB Preliminary CTE Teachers have the following final options for CTED 403A course enrollment through the College of Professional and International Education.
- Spring 2021 Dates: March 1 to April 19, 2021
- Fall 2021: Dates to be finalized (typically in Oct/Nov)
- Cost: $307 per unit (course is 2 units)
- For registration information, please contact Matthew Reimers at (562) 985-8222 or Matthew.Reimers@csulb.edu
- For program information, please contact the Credential Center at (562) 985-4109 or CED-Credentials@csulb.edu
The Clear CTE Teaching Credential is valid for five years and authorizes the holder to teach in the subject, also known as industry sector, listed on the credential in grades twelve and below and in classes organized primarily for adults, including services to English learners in Specially Designed Academic Instruction Delivered in English (SDAIE) in career technical, trade or vocational courses.
CSULB's pathway to obtaining the Clear CTE Teaching Credential is for teachers that have successfully completed CTED 403A-Foundations of Career Technical Education and have one year of teaching experience within the industry sector listed on their Preliminary CTE Teaching Credential.
Current CSULB candidates:
If you have taken CTED 403A but have not yet completed 1-year of CTE teaching, you will have through Summer 2022 to complete your 1-year of CTE teaching experience and apply through CSULB for the Clear Credential. The last day to apply for your Clear Credential through CSULB will be in the summer of 2022 (final date TBD).
If you have taken CTED 403A and have completed at least 1-year of CTE Teaching, we ask that you please apply for the Clear CTE Teaching Credential as soon as possible (final date TBD-Summer of 2022) by following these steps:
- Please read Clear CTE Teaching Credential Evaluation Request (PDF) information sheet
- Pay $25 Credential Evaluation and Services fee (Link)
- Gather required documents (see appropriate Step 1 information sheet). Please make sure to title each document clearly with your name, campus ID, and description (e.g LastName, FirstName_CampusID_Payment Receipt).
- Complete the Clear Career Technical Education Teaching Credential (Link) form
What happens next? After receiving your packet, a Credential Analyst will email you a credential evaluation. If it is determined that you qualify for the Clear CTE Teaching Credential, you will be directed by the Credential Analyst to submit a Request for Recommendation. Once we receive your Request for Recommendation, a Credential Analyst will submit an online recommendation to the CTC and you will then receive an email from the CTC (donotreply @ ctc.ca.gov) directing you to go online to complete the application (Professional Fitness Questions) and pay for your document.