Careers in Education
Your program has prepared you well for your next step-finding a job! Best to you in your new career. Go Beach! Go Teach! Go Lead!
You are encouraged to visit the University Career Development Center (Link) website and sign up for CareerLINK (Link). This is a great resource for our students and you should visit it often as they may have postings not listed on this page.
Career Resources Provided by the Career Development Center (Link)
RSVP or APPLY to Career Development Center Events and/or Job Postings via Career Link
- Log in to sso.csulb.edu (Link)
- Select CareerLINK
- For events and Workshops, see Events Menu and RSVP
- For Jobs and On-Campus Interviews, see Jobs & Internships Menu and Apply
EDUCATORS SUMMIT - CSULB
Join us Friday, July 19th from 9am-1pm as we connect, inspire and empower California TK-12 teachers, administrators and other school professionals for this day of learning presented by teacher leaders and scholars. Free registration and lunch. Virtual option also available.
- Sovey Long-Latteri, 2022 California Teacher of the Year
- Jose Rivas, Presidential Award, NSTA Shell Science Award, Northrop Grumman Foundation Excellence in Engineering Education Award
MIDDLE SCHOOL MATH TEACHER - St. Aloysius School, Los Angeles
Seeking an experienced middle school math teacher to join our dedicated team and continue the long-standing tradition of Catholic faith formation and academic excellence. The candidate must be able to speak clearly to students, other teachers, parents, and administration officials. The applicant will have the ability to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with authority and in a clear and concise way so that students can understand. They must plan engaging lessons which keep the students’ attention. They must also have the ability and patience to work with students from different backgrounds and abilities. Candidates must have the ability to engage parents and create healthy relationships with students and faculty in an effort to create a quality learning environment.
Must be a practicing Catholic, who is familiar with/has attended Catholic school, with a deep commitment to the mission of Catholic education. Applicants must either possess a California Teaching Credential or be in the process of acquiring a Credential. Candidates should be able to implement standards-based instruction, consistently adjust instruction based on formative assessments and give evidence of the ability to improve student learning. The ability to integrate technology as a learning tool in the classroom is required. Please e-mail a letter of interest and a current resume that includes three references.
St. Aloysius School (Los Angeles)
2023 Nadeau Street
Los Angeles, CA 90001
SEVERAL OPENINGS - ICEF Public Schools
ICEF Public Schools is looking for teachers, administrators, aides, and other positions to join our team for the 2022-2023 school year and beyond.
On Saturday, June 4, from 9 am to 12 pm, we will be hosting an in-person job fair at ICEF Home Office - Bain Hall,3855 W. Slauson Ave. Los Angeles, 90056.
Participants will have the opportunity to meet school teams in-person, share resumes, and get information about next steps with ICEF.
Persons interested in attending should complete the registration form. Participants will need to provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test from the last 72 hours prior to the event.
If you want to know more about our openings, please visit our job listings on EdJoin.
SEVERAL OPENINGS - School for the Visial Arts and Humanties
We are Hiring at School for the Visual Arts and Humanities, a pilot high school located in Robert F. Kennedy Community Schools in Koreatown.
COLLEGE AIDE POSITIONS - Long Beach Unified School District
LBUSD College Aide positions available both during the summer and in 2022-2023 school year. The district has a need for 50 college aides this summer and an additional 100 college aides for the 2022-2023 school year.
As a part of this program, opportunities will be provided for students from diverse backgrounds to have hands-on work experience in the field of education by working in classrooms in the LBUSD Summer School and SEAL programs, as well as, by supporting classrooms in the 2022-2023 school year. The students hired for the summer positions will support classroom teachers with individual and small group settings as part of a plan to help mitigate learning loss due to the school closures caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. For the 2022-2023 school year, college aides will be hired to support our kindergarten classrooms. A special emphasis will be placed on hiring students who have not yet had the opportunity to work in a K-12 setting.
The College Student Aide Desk is currently accepting applications: College Student Aide Application
- Pay and Hours: $16.63 per hour (maximum 18 hours per week)
- Job Description: Provide instructional support to students in a classroom or learning center (may be elementary, middle, or senior high school; Long Beach School for Adults).
- Qualifications: College Student Aides must be pursuing a college degree, must provide proof of completion of college level courses totaling 48 units or more, or completion of an AA, BA degree. Must be enrolled full time in college with at least 12 units or more, or 6 units for post-grad (Students applying for positions for summer and 2022-2023 must have been full-time students in the Spring).
- *Special note for hours of availability: College aide student support is usually between the hours of 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the summer program, and 7:30am to 3:30 pm during the school year.
DRAMA TEACHER - Murrieta Valley Unified School District
Open position for Drama Teacher at Thompson Middle School for 2022/23 School Year. Apply on EdJoin.
TEACHERS AND CLASSROOM AIDES - ICEF Public Schools
At ICEF, we believe with excellent teachers and staff, and quality instruction for every student, we can change lives and impact our community. Our goal is to provide a quality education for our students so that they can attend and compete at the top 100 colleges and universities in the nation.
Teachers who join ICEF would have the following opportunities for growth and development in their first year and beyond:
- Regular professional development opportunities provided both by school site leaders and external experts.
- Mentorship provided by a veteran teacher rated Highly Effective or Effective in prior years (possibly even a TFA alum).
- Opportunity to clear their preliminary credential through our partnership with LACOE.
- Frequent classroom observations, feedback, and specific next steps aligned with teacher goals connected to our Teacher Effectiveness Framework.
- Opportunities for regular observation of other teachers in instructional rounds.
- Opportunities to connect with other teachers in professional learning communities and book clubs. This also includes connecting our teachers with teachers from other Charter Networks to help build connections and partnerships.
- Eventual opportunities for teacher leadership and mentorship of new teachers through partnerships withBrandeis University andAlder Graduate School of Education.
- Elementary Multiple Subject:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/9904
- Middle School Multiple Subject:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/9910
- Special Education:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/3429
- Single Subject English Language Arts:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/9905
- Single Subject Math:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/9906
- Single Subject Science:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/9911
- Single Subject Social Studies:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/9907
- Single Subject Spanish:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/10223
- Single Subject Art:https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/9908
- Instructional Aide: https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/5474
- Campus Aide: https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/3925
- Intervention Specialist: https://app.hirenimble.com/jobview/5467
EDUCATOR JOB FAIR
RECRUITMENT FAIR - Long Beach Unified School District
Come Join the LBUSD Team! We seek diverse candidates who are committed to continous improvement, high quality differentiated instruction, caring student relationships, and an unwavering commitment to equity.
March 8, 2022 from 5:00pm-6:30pm
Cabrillo High School Auditorium
2001 Santa Fe Ave., Long Beach, CA 90810
RECRUITMENT FAIR - San Joaquin County
In-person recruitment fair for K-12 Educators on Saturday, March 12, 2022 from 8:30am-12pm at Teachers College of San Joaquin, 2721 Transworld Drive, Stockton, CA 95206.
EDUCATION SPECIALISTS - Fremont Union High School District
The Fremont Union High School District is seeking qualified educators in the field of Special Education. We currently are accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year for Mild/Moderate, and Moderate/Severe teaching positions.
Our District: The Fremont Union High School District is one of the most respected districts in the State of California. The highest standards of teaching and learning, along with accountability for student achievement, are the cornerstones of the District’s outstanding high schools—Cupertino, Fremont, Homestead, Lynbrook, and Monta Vista. All five schools continuously hold top rankings throughout the region, state, and nation, garnering many awards and recognition based on both the achievement of students and the programs designed to support student achievement. The reputation of the schools is often an attraction for families to move into the District.
The Fremont Union High School District serves over 10,000 students in a 42 square mile area covering all of the City of Cupertino, most of the City of Sunnyvale and portions of the Cities of San Jose, Los Altos, Saratoga, and Santa Clara. With the support of its educators, parents, and community members, the District strives to make its high schools the very best learning place for all students in grades 9 through 12, and post-secondary who reside within its attendance boundaries.
Our Special Education program: The Fremont Union High School District is proud to offer one of the most comprehensive special education programs in the state of California. Program highlights include:
- A broad range of special education support at each school site for academic, social-cognitive, language development and therapeutic services. Continuum of services offered include Co-Taught classes, Specialized Academic Instruction, Case Management, Group and Individual Counseling.
- WorkAbility and Transition Partnership Program services that develop employability skills for success after graduation. Work based learning sites include a Smoothie Shop, Cards, Wings Gardens, and the K9 Krunchies dog biscuit business.
- The Academic Community Transition program serves secondary and post-secondary students with moderate to severe disabilities. Each program incorporates community-based instruction to foster the generalization of skills taught in the classroom.
- Coordinated services for students with visual impairments, occupational therapy, and a therapeutic learning center are supported through the SELPA.
Professional development and collaboration opportunities are available for teachers at their school site, but also in partnership across the district’s five schools. Teacher mentors provide additional support for curriculum development, classroom management, and individualized assistance in accordance with each teacher’s needs. With a district-wide emphasis upon collaboration and equity, FUHSD teachers work together on an on-going, consistent basis with the goal to improve achievement for all students.
We will begin our interview process on Thursday, March 10, 2022. We have openings currently listed on EdJoin for Mild/Moderate, and Extensive support (Moderate/Severe) positions. A flyer (PDF) is enclosed for you to share or post.
Interested applicants should visit: www.fuhsd.org/employment
SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST - Redondo Beach Unified School District
RBUSD is looking for candidates that hold both an Education Specialist Credential and an Administrative Services Credential for a Special Education Program Specialist position.
Apply on Edjoin (Link)
SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS - Newport-Mesa Unified School District
Apply on EdJoin (Link)
JOB FAIR - San Joaquin County Office of Education
September 23, 2021 from 3-7pm
2707 Transworld Dr., Stockton
SEVERAL OPENINGS - Shared Science, Long Beach
We are an educational California nonprofit that provides science, computer technology, and engineering after-school programs in LBUSD and community centers in Long Beach. We are currently hiring class aides/interns and instructors for our fall and spring after-school programs.