The improving economy and changes in the K-12 finance system has resulted in an increased number of teaching and leadership positions opening up in our local schools and communities. This is a great time to be finishing your degree or credential! Your program has prepared you well for your next step-finding a job!
You are encouraged to visit the University Career Development Center (Link) website and sign up for CareerLINK (Link). This is a great resource for our students and you should visit it often as they may have postings not listed on this page.
Best to you in your new career and Go Teach!
Career Resources Provided by the Career Development Center (Link)
Workshops and Events
- Internships Abroad: Wednesday, 11/20 from 1pm-2pm at BH-250
- Resume Writing: Wednesday, 12/4 from 12pm-1pm at BH-250
- Anderson School K-8: College Tutors. Deadline: November 15
- Sphero Robot & Web Development: STEM Instructor. Deadline: November 16
- East LA Regional Center for the Developmentally Disabled: Service Coordinator. Deadline: November 17
- Western Community Housing, Inc: Tutor. Deadline: December 14
- Piazza Premier Preschool (Multiple Locations): Preschool Teachers/Assistants. Deadline: January 28
- Drop-In Advising with the College of Education College Ambassador (EED Lobby)
- Help with Resumes, Cover Letters, and Career Questions
- Mondays from 4pm-6:45pm
- Thursdays from 10am-1:30pm
- For priority appointments: https://catherine-edelstein.youcanbook.me
- Individual Career Counseling (BH-250)
- Mondays-Fridays 8am-5pm
- Personalized 1-on-1 appointments
- 30-min or 60-min depending on topic
- Sign up on CareerLINK
RSVP or APPLY Via Career Link
- Log in to sso.csulb.edu (Link)
- Select CareerLINK
- For events and Workshops, see Events Menu and RSVP
- For Jobs and On-Campus Interviews, see Jobs & Internships Menu and Apply
RECRUITMENT NIGHT - Long Beach Unified School District
Long Beach Unified School District will be holding a Teacher and Administrator Recruitment Night on February 25, 2020 from 6:00-7:30 PM.
SCIENCE TEACHER - CHIME Institute's Schwarzenegger Community School
Apply on EdJoin (Link)
CERTIFICATED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES - Inglewood Unified School District
- Executive Director of Student Services and Operations. Posting Date: Monday, November 4, 2019. Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Music Teacher (Concert/Marching Band). Posting Date: Monday, October 14, 2019. Application Deadline: Until Filled
- High School Teacher - Spanish. Posting Date: Friday, August 16, 2019. Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Special Education Teacher, Elementary SDC. Posting Date: Thursday, October 10, 2019. Application Deadline: Until Filled
All interested applicants, including current IUSD employees must submit an application at www.edjoin.org/inglewood to be considered for the Executive Director position. Current IUSD Teachers or Counselors can submit a Transfer Request form to the HR Office as soon as possible to be considered for the corresponding position. All others that are interested in these positions must submit an application at www.edjoin.org/inglewood
SPECIAL EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR - Compass Charter Schools
INTERNSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT - Orange County United Way
Recently the Orange County United Way education team launched the Education Internship position. We are looking to work with local college students interested in pursuing education. We are turning to you to see if you can offer this opportunity to local CSULB students who are interested in working at the high school level and supporting other education programing.
Currently we are working with the Garden Grove Unified School District and Anaheim Union School District in implementing the Youth Career Connections program. Learning opportunities both in and outside the classroom would be provided to interns, in addition to networking and being on campus with school administrators and educators. Moreover, interns will have the opportunity to work with other local high school districts through our Destination Graduation program that helps fund some AVID activities. Other education programing at the United Way interns would be supporting are the Healthy School Initiative and Early Grade Literacy. Our goal at the United Way is to work creatively and collaboratively to help reduce the dropout rate through these diverse programs.