College of Education Update Regarding COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, staff are working remotely. Therefore, College of Education offices will not be open normal business hours. Please continue to check the Reuniting the Beach website (Link) for up-to-date information.
The mission of the Credential Center is to support the learning and teaching community of the College of Education and affiliated programs, while providing licensing and professional assistance to our students.
Contacting the Credential Center during COVID-19
The Credential Center staff are working remotely. Information and/or advising is available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If available, please include your CSULB Student Identification number in your email and a phone number that we can reach you if necessary.
- Liaison between the credential applicant and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- University resource for credential requirements and licensing regulations
- Review of credential and academic qualifications of candidates beginning student teaching and fieldwork assignments
- Academic and licensing review of candidates requesting credential recommendation at completion of CTC approved credential program(s)
- Program advisement, approval, and recommendation of second teaching credentials, added authorizations, subject matter authorizations, and supplementary authorizations
- Advisement and licensing support for university interns, fifth-year credential candidates, out-of-state and out-of-country trained applicants
- Determination of candidate eligibility, approval and recommendation of applications for credential document issue
- Class presentations, student teaching application and licensing meetings, and special interest information workshops
- Emergency Permit verification
- Assistance for credential holders seeking renewal information
- Data collection and reporting
Hours of Operation
Spring Semester Hours:
- Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm (closed Fri 12-1pm)
- May 31
Office Location and Mailing Address
The Credential Center is located near the South Turn Around (off 7th Street) in the Ellis Education Building, Room 42 (EED-42). Limited short-term parking is available in the turn around, as well as Lot G15. Campus Map (Link)
CSULB, College of Education
Credential Center, EED-42
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840-2201
For information regarding Professional Licensure and Certification please see the CSU's Accreditation and State Authorization page.