To support the learning and teaching community of the College of Education and affiliated programs, while providing licensing and professional assistance to our students.
- Liaison between the credential applicant and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- University resource for credential requirements and licensing regulations
- Review of credential and academic qualifications of candidates beginning student teaching and fieldwork assignments
- Academic and licensing review of candidates requesting credential recommendation at completion of CTC approved credential program(s)
- Program advisement, approval, and recommendation of second teaching credentials, added authorizations, subject matter authorizations, and supplementary authorizations
- Advisement and licensing support for university interns, fifth-year credential candidates, out-of-state and out-of-country trained applicants
- Determination of candidate eligibility, approval and recommendation of applications for credential document issue
- Class presentations, student teaching application and licensing meetings, and special interest information workshops
- Emergency Permit verification, and filing of state licensing appeals
- Assistance for credential holders seeking renewal information
- Data collection and reporting
Hours of Service:
Fall Semester Hours beginning August 21st:
- Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm
- Friday 9am-5pm (closed 12-1pm)
The Credential Center is located near the South Turn Around (off 7th Street) in the Ellis Education Building, Room 42 (EED-42). Limited short-term parking is available in the turn around, as well as Lot G15. Campus Map
CSULB, College of Education
Credential Center, EED-42
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840-2201
- How do I Apply for my Initial Credential or Service or Specialist Credential?
- How do I Clear a Preliminary Credential?
- Extensions for Preliminary SB2042 Credentials
- Adding Authorizations to a Credential
- Certificate of Clearance