The mission of the Credential Center is to support the learning and teaching community of the College of Education and affiliated programs, while providing licensing and professional assistance to our students.
- Liaison between the credential applicant and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- University resource for credential requirements and licensing regulations
- Review of credential and academic qualifications of candidates beginning student teaching and fieldwork assignments
- Academic and licensing review of candidates requesting credential recommendation at completion of CTC approved credential program(s)
- Program advisement, approval, and recommendation of second teaching credentials, added authorizations, subject matter authorizations, and supplementary authorizations
- Advisement and licensing support for university interns, fifth-year credential candidates, out-of-state and out-of-country trained applicants
- Determination of candidate eligibility, approval and recommendation of applications for credential document issue
- Class presentations, student teaching application and licensing meetings, and special interest information workshops
- Emergency Permit verification
- Assistance for credential holders seeking renewal information
- Data collection and reporting
Open phone and walk-ins Monday-Friday, 9am-12pm and 1-5pm. Appointments are strongly recommended for in-person visits and can be booked online.
Please check the COVID-19 website for up-to-date campus information prior to visiting campus.
Upcoming Campus closures:
- May 10th closed from 11:15am-1:15pm
- May 30
- July 4
The Credential Center is located near the South Turn Around (off 7th Street) in the Ellis Education Building, Room 42 (EED-42). Limited short-term parking is available in the turn around, as well as Lot G15. Campus Map (Link)
CSULB, College of Education
Credential Center, EED-42
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840-2201
Need to drop off credential items? The following options are available:
- Door-slot located at EED-32 on the outside of EED facing the AS building
- Dropbox located in EED lobby
- Mail items to the address listed above