The mission of the Credential Center is to support the learning and teaching community of the College of Education and affiliated programs, while providing licensing and professional assistance to our students.
College of Education Update Regarding COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, many staff are working remotely on most days. Therefore, College of Education offices will not be open normal business hours. Please continue to check the Reuniting the Beach website for up-to-date information.
- Liaison between the credential applicant and the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC)
- University resource for credential requirements and licensing regulations
- Review of credential and academic qualifications of candidates beginning student teaching and fieldwork assignments
- Academic and licensing review of candidates requesting credential recommendation at completion of CTC approved credential program(s)
- Program advisement, approval, and recommendation of second teaching credentials, added authorizations, subject matter authorizations, and supplementary authorizations
- Advisement and licensing support for university interns, fifth-year credential candidates, out-of-state and out-of-country trained applicants
- Determination of candidate eligibility, approval and recommendation of applications for credential document issue
- Class presentations, student teaching application and licensing meetings, and special interest information workshops
- Emergency Permit verification
- Assistance for credential holders seeking renewal information
- Data collection and reporting
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Thursday: 1:00 - 4:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
- No appointment needed for open phone hours: (562) 985-4109
In-Person Appointment Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 1:30 – 4:00 p.m
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Book online to make an in-person appointment.
- Please note this appointment will take place in the Credential Center-EED 42 and masks are required. The Credential Center assists with: opening a licensing file, submission of documents, and credential application information, advisement and licensing support for University Interns, advisement on Added Authorizations and advisement for credential holders seeking renewal information. If you have additional credential needs please contact our office ahead of time so that we can ensure that it is our office that can assist you. For course enrollment and program questions, please contact your program office.
- November 11
- November 25-26
- December 24-31 (to be confirmed)
Office Location and Mailing Address
The Credential Center is located near the South Turn Around (off 7th Street) in the Ellis Education Building, Room 42 (EED-42). Limited short-term parking is available in the turn around, as well as Lot G15. Campus Map (Link)
CSULB, College of Education
Credential Center, EED-42
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90840-2201
For information regarding Professional Licensure and Certification please see the CSU's Accreditation and State Authorization page.