SERVE Frequently Asked Questions
TB test results need to be updated every 4 years from the date they were read and x-rays every 8 years.
University Police is available for fingerprinting services: Monday - Thursday, 1:00PM - 4:00PM.
For other Livescan services please visit: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/fee-and-fingerprint
- S4@ The Beach Registration
- A copy of a current TB test certificate (taken within the past 12 months)
- A Valid Certificate of Clearance issued by the CTC
- Additional fingerprinting if placement is in Long Beach USD
Students who meet the following are eligible to be in the SERVE Program:
- Enrolled in EDEL 200 or EDEL 300 at CSULB
- In good academic standing
- 2nd semester status and above
- Clear background check
Approximately one to two weeks after your fingerprints have been cleared.
The following describes what the HOLD on your file may indicate: HOLD - There is an issue with your SERVE file and it is necessary for you to contact the SERVE Office for further details. HOLD Late Checkout - Checkout is needed for one of your previous rotations. Please login to your SERVE file and go to Rotation Checkout. Once completed, the SERVE Office will resume processing your rotation. HOLD Invalid Request -The Placement Request submitted needs to be changed due to your current course or SERVE requirements. Please contact the SERVE Office for further details.
There is no maximum or minimum hours. Although, cooperating teachers are allowed to schedule you as needed.
Lunch hour can be counted on cooperating teacher approval only.
- Complete the End of Rotation form in S4@ The Beach.
- Your Cooperating Teacher will be emailed a link to your Final Evaluation.
Once you have been placed, information on your SERVE Site Coordinator will be in the placement email your receive from S4@ The Beach. Emails should be sent using your CSULB email account.
Submit your placement request using the S4@ The Beach Online system. The link can be found on the SERVE Online System page.