Graduate Studies Office
The mission of the College of Education is to foster a learning and teaching community committed to educational excellence. The Graduate Studies Office is committed to serving graduate students and faculty of the College of Education in an efficient and friendly manner. We promote student success through advisement, particularly on policy and procedure, from the point of first contact through program completion.
The Graduate Studies Office can assist with your questions about:
- Graduate Program Applications and Admissions - Online University Application on Cal State Apply (Tutorial available) + Program Application Packets.
- College of Education Graduate Culture Initiative Activities and Events
- Advancement to Candidacy
- Change of Program
- Application for Practicum and Fieldwork (Counseling and School Psychology Programs)
- Application to Thesis, Project, or Comprehensive Examinations
- Maintaining Continuous Enrollment through GS 700D
- Completing University Graduation Requirements and Filing for Graduation
We are located near the South Turnabout (Seventh St. & West Campus Dr.) in the Ellis Education (EED) Building, Room 7 (formerly ED 1 building). Visit the University's parking and campus map for more information.
Hours of Operation
We are open Monday-Friday from 9:00AM-5:00PM. We are closed on the weekends and specific holidays as indicated below.
The university will be closed on the following holidays:
- Monday, September 2, 2019 in observation of Labor Day.
- Monday, November 11, 2019 in observation of Veterans Day.
- Thursday, November 27, 2019 in observation of Thanksgiving.
- Friday, November 28, 2019 in observation of Thanksgiving.
- Monday, January 20, 2020 in observation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 in observation of Cesar Chavez Day.
- Monday, May 25, 2020 in observation of Memorial Day.
- Friday, July 3, 2019 in observation of Independence Day.
Please note the annual breaks and Commencement schedule below:
- Fall Break is Wednesday, November 27, 2019 through Friday, November 29, 2019. The Graduate Studies Office will be open on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Winter Break is Tuesday, December 24, 2019 through Wednesday, January 1, 2020. The Graduate Studies Office will re-open on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- Spring Break is Monday, March 30, 2020 through Friday, April 3, 2020. Although there are no class meetings during the entire week, the Graduate Studies Office will be open Monday, March 30, 2020 and Wednesday April 1 through Friday, April 3, 2020.
- Commencement ceremonies for the entire university will take place the week of May 19 - May 22, 2020.