Graduate Studies Office
The mission of the College of Education is to foster a learning and teaching community committed to educational excellence The Graduate Studies Office is committed to serving our diverse College of Education graduate student and faculty populations in an efficient and friendly manner. We promote student success through proactive, inclusive and reflective strategies designed to support students from the point of first contact through program completion.
Please Explore our Programs to find out more about the various graduate programs offered by the CSULB College of Education.
The Graduate Studies Office can assist with your questions about:
- Graduate Program Applications and Admissions
- College of Education Graduate Culture Initiative Activities and Events
- Advancement to Candidacy
- Change of Program
- Application for Practicum and Fieldwork (Counseling and School Psychology Programs)
- Application to Thesis, Project, or Comprehensive Examinations
- Maintaining Continuous Enrollment through GS 700D
- Completing University Graduation Requirements and Filing for Graduation
The Graduate Studies Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm. You may contact our office by email at email@example.com or by phone at (562) 985-8476.
We are closed on the weekends and specific holidays as indicated below.
The university will be closed on the following holidays:
- Monday, September 6, 2021 in observation of Labor Day.
- Thursday, November 11, 2021 in observation of Veterans Day.
- Thursday, November 25, 2021 in observation of Thanksgiving.
- Friday, November 26, 2021 in observation of Thanksgiving.
- Monday, January 17, 2022 in observation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Thursday, March 31, 2022 in observation of Cesar Chavez Day.
- Monday, May 30, 2022 in observation of Memorial Day.
- Monday, July 4, 2022 in observation of Independence Day.
Please note the annual breaks schedule below:
- Fall Break is Monday, November 22, 2021 through Friday, November 26, 2021. The Graduate Studies Office will be open on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Winter Break is Thursday, December 23, 2021 through Friday, December 31, 2021. The Graduate Studies Office will re-open on Monday, January 3, 2022.
- Spring Break is Monday, March 28, 2022 through Friday, April 1, 2022. Although there are no class meetings during the entire week, the Graduate Studies Office will be open Monday, March 28 through Wednesday, March 30, 2022, and Friday April 1, 2022.