The following are required for admission to the Teacher Librarian Services Credential program:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid basic California teaching credential with issuance/expiration dates as outlined by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (PDF). Teaching credential may be one of the following:
- a teaching credential requiring a bachelor’s degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching and proof of holding an English learner authorization; or
- a clear, full-time Designated Subjects Teaching Credential, provided that the holder also possesses a bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, has met the Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST scores or proof of CTC approved alternative) and proof of holding an English learner authorization
- Minimum 3.00 overall grade point average in last degree (not credential or certificate) earned from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants whose overall GPA is less than 3.00 but meet the University minimum GPA requirement (2.50 for a completed baccalaureate degree or 2.70 for a baccalaureate degree in progress) and who present compelling evidence of academic and professional potential either through recent academic performance and/or experiential background, may be considered for admission at the discretion of the program admission committee.
- International applicants have additional university application requirements including meeting the English language proficiency requirement. Please visit the International Applicants tab for more information.
- Domestic applicants with foreign degrees may have additional university application requirements. Please visit the International Applicants tab for more information.