The Teacher Librarian Services Credential program encourages applications from students with diverse educational, geographical and cultural backgrounds. The following are required for admission to the program:
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3.00 overall grade point average in last degree (not credential or certificate) earned from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants whose overall GPA is less than 3.00 but meet the University minimum GPA requirement (2.50 for a completed baccalaureate degree or 2.70 for a baccalaureate degree in progress) and who present compelling evidence of academic and professional potential either through recent academic performance and/or experiential background, may be considered for admission at the discretion of the program admission committee.
- Proof of meeting the CTC preconditions and Basic Skills Requirement. This proof should be a print-out (i.e., screen shot) from the CTC website. Please be sure your credential print-out also includes proof of English learner authorization. This may be one of the following:
- a valid California teaching credential requiring a bachelor’s degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching; has met the Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST scores or proof of CTC approved alternative) and has proof of holding an English learner authorization; or
- a clear, valid full-time California Designated Subjects Teaching Credential, provided that the holder also possesses a bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally-accredited college or university, has met the Basic Skills Requirement (CBEST scores or proof of CTC approved alternative) and proof of holding an English learner authorization.
- Domestic applicants with foreign degrees may have additional university application requirements. Please visit the International Applicants tab for more information.
NOTE: International applicants applying on an F1 or J1 visa are not eligible to apply to the Teacher Librarian Services credential program. Please visit the International Applicants tab for more information.
See the Online Application Submission page regarding how to submit the application and transcripts.