Applying to the DPT Program
TWO SEPARATE applications must be completed when applying to The CSULB DPT program.
You must complete each application as directed. For Cal State Apply specifically:
- You must apply for the Fall academic term even though our program begins in Summer academic term (late May)
- Select Long Beach as the campus
- Scroll down to Physical Therapy when selecting a program
Application to CSULB’s DPT program is conducted through PTCAS. The application window for PTCAS opens mid-June and closes at 12:00 AM (EST) November 1st.
Applicants must have all required information into PTCAS by the deadline or the application will be considered incomplete. Incomplete applications are not considered for admission for the current application cycle.
If you have any questions regarding your PTCAS application you will need to contact PTCAS directly. The CSULB PT department does not accept application materials on behalf of PTCAS. We receive application information from PTCAS, but cannot supply applicant information to PTCAS.
Please see the CSULB DPT PTCAS webpage for information.
We begin notification of qualified applicants in mid-January. Applicants who are not initially accepted will be placed on a waitlist.
High Tier Waitlist
- Applicants who are placed on the high tier waitlist will be offered acceptance into the program as space becomes available in the cohort
Low Tier Waitlist
- Applicants who are placed on the low tier waitlist, while qualified, will most likely not be offered acceptance into the program
- This will allow you to accept offers from other programs and not wait for an acceptance from this program
Please do not contact the CSULB Department of Physical Therapy regarding your waitlist position. We do not give out information regarding an applicant’s position on the waitlist.
Application to Cal State Long Beach is conducted through Cal State Apply. This is a supplemental application separate from PTCAS that is required for admission to the University. The application window for Cal State Apply opens October 1st and closes January 15th.
Please do not submit any information through Cal State Apply prior to October 1st. If the application to Cal State Apply is not completed by January 15th, your DPT program application will be considered incomplete.
To complete your Cal State Apply application:
- List all institutions attended.
- Apply to the upcoming Fall semester using the "Graduate - Master's and Doctorate" option. When given the option, choose Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT).
- Submit your OFFICIAL transcripts electronically to the following email: ES-IDPTrans@csulb.edu.
- If the official transcripts need to be physically mailed to CSULB, please contact Enrollment Service at CSULB for the necessary information
- Submit your OFFICIAL GRE scores using the institution code 4389.
- You do NOT need to submit a personal essay, letters of recommendation or your experience hours. You can choose "I am not entering any experiences" in Quadrant 3 as this information will be reviewd by the Admissions committee on the PTCAS application.
After submission of the Cal State Apply application, you will receive an e-mail from the University informing you of the following:
- Any missing documents
- Campus ID
- A link to check your application status.
If you receive an email stating that your application has been forwarded to the CSULB Department of Physical Therapy, all documents have been received. If you submitted transcripts to the University and they are reflected as missing, keep in mind that it takes at least 2-4 weeks for processing and update to the system.
If you have any questions regarding your Cal State Apply application contact Enrollment Service at CSULB directly.
Do not send transcripts, personal essays, letters of recommendation, or other materials directly to the CSULB Department of Physical Therapy as we cannot accept application information.