PT @ the Beach
Welcome to PT @ The Beach, the California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) physical therapy faculty practice. We are located on the California State University, Long Beach campus in the LifeFit Center. In addition to CSULB students, faculty and staff, we welcome anyone in the Long Beach and surrounding communities. Our licensed doctors of physical therapy provide expert, compassionate care to anyone with needs in physical therapy for orthopedic, neurologic, integumentary, cardiopulmonary, geriatric and pediatric conditions.
Our services include physical therapy evaluation, consultation, treatment and education of movement dysfunction to optimize health, wellness, function, and quality of life for our campus and local community.
We accept insurance from various providers.
We are open!
Physical therapy is an essential medical service. Therefore, we are open for both in-person and telehealth visits. Because your health and safety are our primary concern, we are taking extensive precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and CSULB health officials. The following protocols are currently in place:
- All patients will be screened upon arrival for any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- All patients will have their temperature checked at the front desk. Temperatures must be below 99.5°F to be admitted
- All employees are required to fill out a COVID-19 screening questionnaire on a daily basis upon arrival.
- Any employee with symptoms will be sent home immediately and will follow up with their physician before returning to work
- All patients and staff are required to sanitize and/or wash their hands upon arrival.
- All employees will sanitize and/or wash their hands before and after each patient.
- Multiple hand sanitizing stations are placed throughout the clinic.
- All equipment and surfaces are sanitized using alcohol ethanol 80% wipes (approved by CDC) after every use.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- All staff and patients are required to wear a mask at all times in the clinic.
- Other PPE (gloves, face shields, gowns, etc) will be used as needed or upon request.
- All patients are seen on a 1-on-1 basis for the entire session, where each patient will spend the entire session with one licensed physical therapist.
- Assistants or interns are currently not allowed in the facility.
- Social distancing measures are enforced.
- Private treatment rooms are available.
- We are offering telehealth physical therapy visits for anyone who may be uncomfortable with in-person visits.
- For more information or to set up an appointment, please call us at 562-985-8286.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 562-985-8286 or email at CHHS-PTBeach@csulb.edu.