This is a carousel with auto-rotating slides. Activate any of the buttons to disable rotation. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate, or jump to a slide with the slide dots.
School of Social Work
To provide professional social work education that inspires critical thinking and lifelong learning to students who will serve in diverse social work practice areas and roles, engage in collaborative research to contribute to the well-being of populations that are vulnerable and oppressed and advance social work knowledge, and strengthen our communities through meaningful partnerships.
- Academic Excellence
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Community Engagement
- Quality in Teaching
- Pursuit of Social Justice
- Commitment to Vulnerable Populations
- Integrity and Ethics
As a student-centered School of Social Work, we strive to enhance the lives of populations that are vulnerable and oppressed through academic excellence, ethics, inclusion of all forms of diversity, community partnerships and social justice.
The BASW and MSW programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Associate Professor Dr. Rashida Crutchfield received a grant for a project called, "Best Practices Serving Displaced and Food Insecure Students in the CSU" that will provide an in-depth understanding of college students who experience food and housing instability across all 23 CSU campuses.
- Professor and Director Dr. Nancy Meyer-Adams is a principle investigator for the National Center for Excellence in Homeless Services for National Homelessness Social Work Initiative.
- Dr. Alex Washington is the co-investigator of the Center for Health Equity Research Institute, which is funded by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences/National Institutes of Health.
- Social Worker
- Director of Social Services
- Hospital Discharge Planner
- Organization Administrator
- Services Eligibility Worker
- Psychiatric Social Worker
- Employment Program Supervisor
- Probation or Parole Office
- Industrial Social Worker
- Delinquency Prevention Program Worker
- Health Educator & Hospice Services Coordinator
- Medical Social Worker
- Case Management
- Child Welfare Caseworker
- Gerontological Social Worker
- Community Organization Administrator
- Community Organizer
- Health Care Administrator
- Social Policy Analyst