Center for Sport Training and Research (STAR)
STAR provides services using a multi-disciplinary approach from the following disciplines:
- Sports Medicine: conduct movement assessments to detect movement and rehabilitative services.
- Strength & Conditioning: training programs to enhance movement in strength, mobility, range of motion, and conditioning.
- Biomechanics: services include sport specific movement analyses and evaluation to prevent injury and improve performance.
- Skill Acquisition: training programs for coaches and players that enhance the learning and performance of specific sport skills.
- Sport Psychology: workshops and individual sessions for players, coaches, and parents to improve performance through psychology strategies and team dynamics.
- Nutrition: workshops and individual sessions to help coaches, athletes, and parents understand and execute fueling and recovering strategies associated with eating.
The STAR faculty consists of faculty members from the areas of Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Biomechanics, Motor Control & Learning, and Sport & Exercise Psychology. The faculty provide services for coaches and athletes and are also well established in their respective research areas. STAR faculty have worked with professional and amateur athletes in a variety of sports that include basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, golf, track and field, and tennis. These athletes include medalists in the Olympics and collegiate national champions. STAR faculty are also well respected in the scientific domain as they serve as editors and reviewers for multiple research journals, are active researchers with numerous publications, and speak at many conferences around the world.
Points of Pride
- Commitment to evidence-based and multidisciplinary sports science research
- Practioners have the high-level expericence working with athletes and coaches, and high-level research skills
The Department is accredited by the Accreditation Council of the National Recreation and Park Association.
Help Give the Gift of Education
Your generous support will enable our faculty and students the opportunity to conduct research and experiments to uncover breakthrough discoveries that will improve the wellbeing and health of communities. Philanthropy from alumni, donors, friends, and corporations contribute to scholarly research, student success, and infrastructure.