Whether you are a potential student, alumni, or member of the community, we encourage you to get involved with the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS). Our students— past, present, and future— share a commitment to service. Our alumni stand out because of their large footprint in the community.
The purpose of this page is to share alumni stories and provide opportunities for our alumni to continue making a difference at CHHS. Here are some ways alumni can connect, engage, and invest in CHHS.
Join "CSULB CHHS Students and Alumni" on LinkedIn
The college recently launched a LinkedIn group page to create a community where CHHS students, alumni, faculty, and community partners can connect and support each other’s career growth.
All members are encouraged to join in the conversation. Here’s how you can participate:
- Ask career questions
- Share helpful resources
- Give general career advice
- Network with the CHHS community
- Invite members to career events
- Post internship/job opportunities for CHHS students and alumni
Share Your Story
Whether you recently landed your dream job, overcame a difficult professional obstacle, or reached a new milestone in your personal life, every alum of CHHS has a story to tell; we want to hear yours.
To submit your story for an opportunity to be featured on the university website, please complete our Alumni Spotlight Questionnaire.
Update Your Information
For CSULB alumni wanting to stay in the loop with campus news, academic opportunities, events and newsletter updates, head over to the Update Your Information webpage to submit your contact information to the university
The College of Health and Human Services is home to many alumni with a broad range of expertise in several different fields within the health and service sector. At CHHS we value and encourage any contribution of time and resources to our community; here are some of the ways you can help shape the next generation of professionals in this field of work.
- Provide opportunities to hire our students and alumni
- Connect with faculty/staff to help shape program curriculums
- Promote life long education by facilitating lectures led by industry experts
- Submit proposals for research and community-based projects
- Engage in conversations about the work world, graduate school, and work/life balance
If you would like to engage our faculty at CHHS, refer to the pages below and contact the appropriate coordinator for each program.
- Child Development & Family Studies
- Criminology, Criminal Justice, and Emergency Management
- Consumer Affairs
- Fashion Merchandising & Design
- Food Science
- Health Care Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality Management
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Military Science & ROTC (Contact David Ziegelhofer)
- Recreation & Leisure Studies
- Social Work
- Speech-Language Pathology
A gift to CHHS is more than a donation to the university, it is an investment in a new generation of students who are exploring, growing, and re-inventing the field of health and human services in the new decade. Regardless of its size, your gift will go far and make a difference in the lives of students and faculty of the College of Health and Human Services.
Ways to Support CHHS
Philanthropic support from our alumni, donors, foundations, organizations, and community partners can make an impact in a wide variety of initiatives at CHHS, such as:
- Dean's Excellence Fund
- Endowed Funds
- Capital Projects
- Project and Research Initiatives
For additional information on how you can partner with the college, visit the Ways to Support CHHS page.
How to Make a Difference
There are numerous ways to contribute to the success of the College of Health & Human Services and its programs. Examples of gifts include:
- Cash and Pledges
- Matching Gifts
- Business Interests
- Real Estate
- Retirement Plan Designations
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Life Insurance
For additional information on how to make a gift to the college, visit the How to Make a Difference page.