CHHS Academic Advising
The College of Health & Human Services (CHHS) Academic Advising Center provides both general education and major academic advising to currently matriculated CSULB undergraduate students in all of the CHHS disciplines: Criminology & Criminal Justice, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health Care Administration, Health Science, Kinesiology, Nursing, Recreation & Leisure Studies, Social Work, and Speech-Language Pathology.
The office will be closed on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, November 19th - Opening at 9:30am
- Wednesday, November 27th - Closing at 12pm
- Thursday, November 28th to Friday, November 29th-- Campus Closed
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Fall 2019 Drop-In Advising Hours
- Drop-in advising during November is for Spring 2020 schedule review, Fall 2019/Winter 2020 grad checks, and quick questions only.
- You must bring in a written copy of your proposed Spring 2020 schedule in order to meet with a CHHS advisor.
- Our office is typically very busy from 11am-2pm. For shorter wait times, come in during non-peak hours.
- Monday, November 18th - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Tuesday, November 19th - 9:30am to 4:00pm
- Wednesday, November 20th - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Thursday, November 21st - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Friday, November 22nd - 8:30am to 3:30pm
Advisor availability will be limited between November 25th - November 27th. Students may be seen for urgent questions, but drop-in hours will not be available.
Students will be seen by their major specialist. This may result in students being seen out of order.
Thank you for your patience as we do our best to serve as many students as possible during this busy registration season.
Hours are subject to change depending on advisor availability. Check back often for updates.
CHHS Degree Objective Changes
Do you want to change your major or add a minor/certificate? Review our degree objective change instructions.
Major Specific Requirements (MSR) for CSULB Students
CSULB students must meet Major Specific Declaration Requirements (MSDR) in order to declare a major.
Review the MSR for all majors on the Enrollment Services website.