CHHS Academic Advising
The College of Health & Human Services (CHHS) Academic Advising Center provides both general education and major academic advising to currently matriculated CSULB undergraduate students in all of the CHHS disciplines: Criminology & Criminal Justice, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health Care Administration, Health Science, Kinesiology, Nursing, Recreation & Leisure Studies, Social Work, and Speech-Language Pathology.
SOAR Online Advising & Registration
Welcome new Fall 2020 CHHS students! If you are looking for information regarding the online advising & registration process, please review the webpage below.
E-Advising using Zoom
In response to the University's decision to suspend in-person classes, CHHS Advising will move all drop-in advising, appointments, and group advising workshops online until further notice. For information on how to connect with our advisors, visit e-advising using Zoom. If you have an appointment or workshop scheduled with CHHS Advising, you will receive an email from your advisor on how to connect to that activity via Zoom.
The office will be closed on the following dates and times:
The Advising Center office on campus will not be open for any in-person advising until further notice, but we will maintain our normal advising hours and services online. Please connect with your advisors by following our e-advising instructions.
- Every Friday from 12 pm to 1 pm for Professional Development
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Summer 2020 Drop-In Advising Hours
- Thursday, August 13th - 9:00am to 11:00am
- Monday, August 17th - 9:00am to 2:00pm
- Tuesday, August 18th - 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Wednesday, August 19th - 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Thursday, August 20th - 11:00am to 4:00pm
- Friday, August 21st - 10:30am to 2:00pm
How to join Zoom
- Zoom e-advising is only available for College of Health and Human Services students. Please refer to your respective college advising center if you need academic advising.
- Online video session: https://csulb.zoom.us/j/561334665
- If you do not have access to a computer, please join the session by calling: (669) 900 - 6833
- Meeting ID: 561-334-665
CHHS Degree Objective Changes
Do you want to change your major or add a minor/certificate? Review our degree objective change instructions.
Major Specific Requirements (MSR) for CSULB Students
CSULB students must meet Major Specific Requirements (MSR) in order to declare a major.
Review the MSR for all majors on the Enrollment Services website.