The Health Science Student Association (HSSA) founded in 1977 enables students to work closely with faculty in planning various activities geared towards disease and health prevention such as health fairs, events, and fund-raisers. The HSSA creates an environment for students to interact with other students, make long-lasting friendships and utilize their skills to work on projects in and out of school.
The purpose of our organization is to give enriching experiences to students that are interested in the allied health field. Our organization is committed to emphasizing professionalism, stewardship, advocacy, and servant leadership through volunteering, networking, and learning to prepare our members for future careers and educational pursuits.
What are the benefits?
- Networking opportunities with faculty and student population
- Support group for incoming Health Science majors for schedule and course selection guidance from other HSSA members
- Guest speaker lectures from professionals in the field
- Opportunities for involvement in community service events such as Beach Cleanups and Food Drives/Banks
Every member of the Health Science Student Association shall abide by the following code of conduct:
- Students are to follow the University’s Standards for Student Conduct
- Members are expected to be good citizens and to engage in responsible behaviors that reflect well upon their university and HSSA, to be civil to one another and to others in the campus community, and to contribute positively to student and university life.
- Members must turn in their membership application and adhere to member requirements to be an active member.
- Members are to be on time to events. They must check-in and out with a cabinet member. Members that fail to do so will not receive credit for the event.
- Members must plan ahead to ensure they complete the requirements in a timely manner.
- For events, please print and complete the check-in form found on BeachSync to receive credit. Original forms are due at the next meeting after the event has taken place. Late forms will not receive credit.
- No alcohol is permitted at events
To be an active member of HSSA, you must:
- Attend at least one meeting during the semester.
- Participate in at least three events during the semester.
- Participate in at least one fundraiser ($20 minimum) to help raise money for the club.
- Attend one social event.
- Submit an application and pay the membership fee, $15/new members, or $10/returning members.
In order to be an official member of HSSA, these five tasks must be completed. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate. There are no refunds if you fail to complete the requirements.
For more information, contact the following:
General Contact: email@example.com
Faculty Advisor: Melawhy Garcia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org