All applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college, show evidence of satisfactory preparation in quantitative and/or qualitative subject areas, and have an acceptable academic record. The Master's Program Application and the Applicant’s Narrative Statement prompt can be found on the CalState Apply application. Additionally, a professional resume and three letters of professional and/or academic recommendation must be uploaded before your application will be considered. An official copy of transcripts from the institution in which you received your degree, including any post-baccalaureate education must be sent to the University. Do not send transcripts to the Department.
Both the University and the Department of Health Science must admit applicants who wish to enroll in the MPH program.
Rejected applicant’s materials submitted to the department for consideration of admission will be discarded 60 days upon completion of the selection process. Re-applicants must submit all new materials. Incomplete applications and all supporting documents submitted/postmarked after the deadline will not be reviewed and will be disposed of. The application and all supporting documents will become the property of the MPH program and will not be released or returned.
Financial Aid Links
- Submit an application to CalStateApply- https://www.calstate.edu/apply
- Each applicant must request a copy of official transcript(s) of all work be sent to the Office of Enrollment Services. Graduates of CSULB will not need to submit transcripts.
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in health education/public health or a related discipline such as Psychology, Sociology, Social work, biomedical engineering, etc.) You may apply before your degree is conferred, but your degree must be completed by the beginning of the semester you are planning to enroll.
- An overall undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons with whom the candidate has worked and who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s qualifications and potential as a community health educator. (Student will submit names/email via calstateapply)
- A separate personal statement describing:
- The experiences that have shaped your interest in public health.
- Comment on your particular interest in Community Health Education.
- Describe the one academic experience that has meant the most to you in your educational career.
- Outline your short- and long-term professional goals.
- Discuss why you are interested in the graduate MPH program at CSULB, the strengths you bring with you, and the areas in which you would like to increase your expertise and personal growth. (Student will submit directly to calstateapply)
7. Resume/CV-At least one year’s full-time (or equivalent) paid or volunteer experience in health education or a closely related health role. Preference will be given to those with greater experience and ability. (Student will submit to calstateapply)
8. If you do not meet one or two of the above requirements, we still encourage you to apply as we review all of the requirements using a scoring system. For Additional information please see our FAQ page.
9. International Student Application resources: See Application and Document Deadlines
MPH Application Deadlines:
- Fall application period:
October 1–April 1
- Spring application period:
August 1–October 1
MPH Application Check list:
- Submit official transcripts to enrollment services
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Complete Qualtrics Department supplemental application on Cal State Apply
- Submit Application to Cal State Apply