Nutrition and Dietetics
- DrPH (epidemiology) and MPH (community nutrition) both from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA , B.S. in Nutrition from Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX.
- RD (Registered Dietitian)
- CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist)
- Nutritional epidemiology of CHD, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis, and hypertension; dietary methodology in epidemiologic studies; Latino health promotion; health communication; child weight management/obesity; motivational interviewing;
- 2017-2018-2019 research with M.S. students will continue to focus on: Knowledge of RDN Professionals about 'Dietary Guidelines for Americans', Cultural Transition of Foods and Eating Patterns of Young Adults with Immigrating to US, Making Healthy Food Decisions at the Grocery Shelf, Nutrition Knowledge of Non-Nutrition Health Professionals, and Guidelines for Nutrition Information on Social Media