You are here

Our Department

About the Graduate Center for Public Policy & Administration

Providing excellence in education and service to the Southern California community since 1973.


The application process consists of two separate applications forms. One for the University and the other for the MPA program.  


Both applications should be submitted at the same time:

Advancement to Candidacy

Advancement to Candidacy forms should be filed after six units of course work, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all graduate work attempted at CSULB after completion of a baccalaureate degree, fulfillment of the GWAR, and signature of the Graduate Advisor.

Apply to Graduate

In order to be awarded a degree or certificate, you must apply to graduate online via MyCSULB Student Center.  Applying for graduation is the only way to officially graduate from CSULB. Participating in your college commencement ceremony does not indicate you have received a degree or certificate.