Teach athletes the skills they need to succeed. Athletic leaders, coaches, and sports psychologists use their knowledge of sports and how the body and mind work to improve athletic performance.
- Sports coach working in college/university environments and sport performance centers
- Sports psychologist or mental training consultant (requires additional education)
- Manager of professional and non-profit sports
- College athletic administrator
- Sports manager of collegiate, professional, amateur, youth, and non-profit sport
Sports knowledge and Interest
Sports psychology, leadership, and management are ideal career paths for individuals who are interested in sports, mentorship and improving athletic performance.
Sports industry professionals instruct and motivate athletes. They require excellent communication skills to teach techniques and strategies to team members.
Sports industry professionals have strong leadership skills to develop, direct, and motivate athletes.
Coaches strategize to win games. They must display sound judgment.
Sports industry professionals are innovative thinkers. They use physical and mental strategies to help athletes overcome setbacks and improve performance.