Starting Fall 2021, the COE Tutoring Center will be offering limited in-person tutoring by appointment only, and expanded online tutoring both drop-in and by appointment. Tutoring starts on Tuesday, Sept. 7, and ends Friday, Dec. 10. Check this page for updates and schedules.
Individual appointments let you work 1-on-1 with a tutor at a prearranged time. Individual appointments are limited to a max of two hours per course per week or in consultation with the COE Tutoring Center
Online drop-in and appointment-based tutoring is available:
- Monday through Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturdays 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
For online drop-in tutoring, please join via Zoom to be connected to an engineering tutor. (Zoom Meeting ID# 7929375312)
In-person appointment-only tutoring is available Mondays and Tuesdays in EN2-300. For in-person tutoring, please schedule an appointment via BeachConnect. NO drop-ins or walk-ins are allowed for in-person on-campus tutoring.
If you would like to book an appointment for either online or in-person tutoring, please schedule via Beach Connect.
Code of Conduct
Visitors to the online or in-person service with the COE Tutoring Center are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. In-person visitors to the on-campus COE Tutoring Center (EN2-300) are expected to adhere to all safety measures and guidelines (i.e. proper masking at all times, approved pre-arrival health screening questionnaire, no food/drink, etc.). The COE Tutoring Center staff reserves the right to refuse online or in-person services to anyone conducting themselves inappropriately.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering & Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Programs
- In-person Tutoring
Cancellation and Missed Appointment Policy
No-shows and late cancellations inconvenience students who need timely access to tutoring. We would like to remind you of our center’s policy regarding missed appointments.
- Appointment Cancellations: Please cancel your appointment via BeachConnect or email email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance if you’re unable to show up for an appointment so the time can be reallocated to someone else.
- How to Cancel Your Appointment: Log in to BeachConnect, select your upcoming appointment on the right hand-side of the screen and follow the prompts to cancel your appointment, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Late Cancellations: If you don’t cancel your scheduled appointment at least 24 hours in advance, it will be considered a late cancellation. Multiple late cancellations will result in a 30-day hold on scheduling appointments.
- No-Show Policy: A failure to be present for your scheduled appointment will be recorded in your academic record as a no-show. Multiple no shows will result in a 30-day hold on scheduling appointments.