Take advantage of free peer tutoring to keep up your grades in challenging classes. Tutoring is available for undergraduate engineering students in Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering.
In response to the University suspending in-person classes, the COE Tutoring Center has moved all tutoring services to an online platform. There will be no in-person tutoring, and our physical location is closed until further notice.
Drop-in and appointment-based tutoring is available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. until the last day of instruction (May 7, 2021). For drop-in tutoring, please join via Zoom to be connected to an engineering tutor: Zoom meeting ID# 7929375312.
Individual appointments let you work 1-on-1 with a tutor at a prearranged time. Individual appointments are limited to one hour per tutoring session for a maximum of two sessions a week per tutor.
If you would like to book an appointment please schedule via Beach Connect.
Note: Visitors to the online COE Tutoring platform are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. The COE Tutoring Center staff reserves the right to refuse services to anyone conducting themselves inappropriately.
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering & Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Software Programs
Cancellation and Missed Appointment Policy
No-shows and late cancellations inconvenience students who need timely access to tutoring. We would like to remind you of our center’s policy regarding missed appointments.
- Appointment Cancellations: Please cancel your appointment via BeachConnect or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance if you’re unable to show up for an appointment so the time can be reallocated to someone else.
- How to Cancel Your Appointment: Log in to BeachConnect, select your upcoming appointment on the right hand-side of the screen and follow the prompts to cancel your appointment, or email email@example.com.
- Late Cancellations: If you don’t cancel your scheduled appointment at least 24 hours in advance, it will be considered a late cancellation. Multiple late cancellations will result in a 30-day hold on scheduling appointments.
- No-Show Policy: A failure to be present for your scheduled appointment will be recorded in your academic record as a no-show. Multiple no shows will result in a 30-day hold on scheduling appointments.