A CSULB degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management prepares you for a successful career in industry or research. Graduates of the accredited undergraduate programs work at engineering and construction companies, contributing to the planning and construction of everything from buildings and bridges to water and power systems. Students may also pursue graduate study. A range of options are available, including specialization in four Civil Engineering specialties.
CECEM Assistant Professor Vahid Balali is the recipient of an ASC Regional Teaching Award, which recognizes contributions to construction education, excellence in teaching, service to the ASC, and dedication to the construction profession.
- Full-time Lecturer | Beavers Distinguished Faculty of Practice
- Part-time Lecturer | Civil Engineering
- Part-time Lecturer | Construction
- Bachelor's in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor's in Construction Management (previously Construction Engineering Management)
- Master's in Civil Engineering: Construction Management (previously Construction Engineering Management)
- Master's in Civil Engineering: Environmental/Water Resources
- Master's in Civil Engineering: Structural
- Master's in Civil Engineering: Transportation/Geotechnical
- Master's in Engineering (Interdisciplinary)
- PhD in Engineering and Computational Mathematics
Civil Engineering: Vesna Terzic
Note: For advising appointments, visit VEC-104, email CECEM@csulb.edu or call 562.985.8419.
The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. The Bachelor of Science in Construction Management program is accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCEE). Read more