Candidates that completed Student Teaching for the Multiple or SIngle Subject Credential Program in Spring 2018 or prior that were not able to pass all four of the CalTPA 1.0 tasks will now need to transition to CalTPA 2.0 to complete their credential requirements and be recommended for their credential. Beginning for Fall 2020, to transition to CalTPA 2.0 candidates will be required to:
- Submit Requests to Waive the 7-Year Limit on Credential Coursework for any of your program courses that have expired. If any of the requests are denied, candidates will be required to re-take the course/s prior to re-entering student teaching.
- Re-apply to CSULB by the appropriate deadline and pay the application fee ($70) – Please see MSCP Tips on Reapplying or SSCP Tips on Reapplying to CSULB.
- Re-apply to complete 8 units of student teaching by the appropriate deadline. - Please see MSCP Student Teaching Application or SSCP Student Teaching Application.
- Register, pay for ($3,876 as of Fall 2019) and complete 8 units of student teaching (MSCP - EDEL 482A; SSCP - EDSS 472C and EDSS 473) to obtain the necessary videos and documentation required to successfully complete CalTPA 2.0. (Fall and Spring only)
- For Single Subject Candidates, student teaching will consist of student teaching in one class period for the length of the semester at a school site and attending the student teaching seminar to obtain support in completing the CalTPA 2.0.
- For Multiple Subject Candidates, student teaching will consist of student teaching full time for minimum of 8 weeks in an elementary classroom with CalTPA 2.0 support from a CSULB faculty supervisor.
- Register, pay for ($300, $150/cycle) and submit your CalTPA Cycles to Pearson by the appropriate deadline.
Contact the Teacher Preparation Advising Center at 562-985-1105 or email@example.com with any questions.