1250 BELLFLOWER BOULEVARD
LONG BEACH, CALIFORNIA 90840
Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
Spring 2023 TPAC Advising Hours
TPAC Now Offers Advising In-Person and by Appointment.
In-Person Advising - Just Drop by EED-67 to speak with an advisor during the In-Person Advising hours specified below. No Appointment Necessary.
By Appointment - Candidates that wish to make an appointment with a Credential Advisor may do so by calling 562-985-1105 and request to make an appointment with a Credential Advisor. Appointments are available in-person or via Zoom. Candidates that wish to make an appointment with a Liberal Studies Advisor must do so online through Beach Connect.
Spring 2023 Advising Hours
Effective Monday April 3, 2023
In-Person Drop-in Advising Available in EED-67
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 12:00pm & 1:00pm-4:00pm
**TPAC will be closed on Monday May 22, 2023.**
Campus Closure Days:
- Friday March 31, 2023 (Cesar Chavez Day)
- Monday May 29, 2023 (Memorial Day)
Welcome to the Beach!
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Drop-in Zoom Advising is available for all programs.
Some of our services include:
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- SERVE Program for EDEL 200 and EDEL 300 students
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP): Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP): Elementary School Teaching
- Education Specialist Credential Program (ESCP): Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP): Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Hours are subject to change. It is also highly recommended that you attend a Program Information Meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.
For additional information related to professional licensure and certification related to this program, please see the Credential Center.