Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
Campus Closed - Memorial Day
9am-12pm Zoom Advising
1-4:30pm In-person & Phone Advising
9am-12pm In-person & Phone Advising
1-4:30pm Zoom Advising
1-4:30pm Zoom Advising
Closed for Staff Professional Development
(CLOSED 12-1pm for lunch daily)
Campus Closure Days:
- Monday, May 30, 2022 (Memorial Day)
- Monday, July 4, 2022 (Independence Day)
For Online Zoom Advising:
- Join Online Video Advising Session
- Join Zoom Meeting via App: ID 886- 3449- 4865
- Call 669-900-6833 and Enter Meeting ID 886- 3449- 4865
For In-person Advising:
- Visit the Education Building Room 67. NO appointment needed.
- Students must be wearing a mask at all time in the building and be prepared to show a green checkmark from student pre-screening.
For Phone Advising:
- Call 562-985-1105
Welcome to the Beach!
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Drop-in Zoom Advising is available for all programs.
Some of our services include:
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- SERVE Program for EDEL 200 and EDEL 300 students
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP): Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP): Elementary School Teaching
- Education Specialist Credential Program (ESCP): Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP): Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Hours are subject to change. It is also highly recommended that you attend a Program Information Meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.
For additional information related to professional licensure and certification related to this program, please see the Credential Center.