Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
College of Education Update Regarding COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, many staff are working remotely on most days. Therefore, College of Education offices will not be open normal business hours. Please continue to check the Reuniting the Beach website for up-to-date information.
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center staff are working remotely and can be contact during the online Zoom hours listed below by click the following link: https://csulb.zoom.us/j/418736275 or via phone by calling 669-900-6833 and entering the Meeting ID 418 736 275. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday-Friday 9:00-11:00am & 2:00-4:00pm
We are here for you during this unprecedented time. Let us know how we can help. Advisors can also be reached via email at email@example.com.
Welcome to the Beach!
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is located in EED-67 (currently not open for in-person services) and is open from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center will be closed on the following dates for Fall 2020:
- Monday, September 7, 2020 "Labor Day"
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020 "Veterans Day"
- Thursday November 26 - Friday November 27, 2020 "Thanksgiving Holiday"
- Friday, December 25 - Friday, January 1 "Winter Holiday"
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Drop-in Zoom Advising is available for all programs.
Some of our services include:
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- SERVE Program for EDEL 200 and EDEL 300 students
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP): Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP): Elementary School Teaching
- Special Education Credential Program (Education Specialist Credential Program - ESCP): Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP): Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Hours are subject to change. It is also highly recommended that you attend a Program Information Meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.