Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
Welcome to the Beach!
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is open from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and open from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Fridays (closed from 12:00-1:00 p.m. for lunch on Fridays only).
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center will be closed on the following dates:
- Monday August 19, 2019 - TPAC will open at 2pm due to a College Wide Meeting
- Monday, September 2, 2019 - Labor Day
- Monday November 11, 2019 - Veterans Day
- Thursday November 28-Friday November 29, 2019 - Thanksgiving
- Wednesday December 25, 2019-Wednesday January 1, 2020 - Winter Break
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Walk-in advising is available for all programs.
We are located in EED - 67 in the College of Education south of the Campus Library. Some of our other services include:
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
- SERVE Program for EDEL 200 and EDEL 300 students
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
- Liberal Studies Department
- Liberal Studies walk-in advising hours are available.
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP): Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP): Elementary School Teaching
- Special Education Credential Program (Education Specialist Credential Program - ESCP): Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP): Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Walk-in Advising is available Monday-Friday from 9:30am-11:30am & 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Hours are subject to change. It is suggested that you contact TPAC at 562-985-1105 to verify hours prior to coming to campus for advising. It is also highly recommended that you attend a program information meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.