Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
CED Update Regarding COVID-19
Considerations surrounding novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, are evolving rapidly. Please continue to check the Reuniting the Beach website for up-to-date information on the evolving situation within the University.
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is available to assist current and prospective students via email, phone, Zoom, and in person (for current CSULB students ONLY). See below for our current advising hours:
Week of October 25th-October 29th
|Date||Phone Advising Hours||Current Students: In Person Drop-Ins||Online Zoom Drop-Ins|
|Monday, October 25th||1-4pm||Not Available||9am-12pm|
|Tuesday, October 26th||Not Available||9am-12pm||1-4pm|
|Wednesday, October 27th||9am-12pm||Not Available||1-4pm|
|Thursday, October 28th||Not Available||1-4pm||9am-12pm|
|Friday, October 29th||9am-12pm||Not Available||1-4pm|
Week of November 1st-November 5th
|Date||Phone Advising Hours||Current Studnets: In Person Drop-Ins||Online Zoom Drop-Ins|
|Monday, November 1st||9-11am||Not Available||
|Tuesday, November 2nd||Not Available||10am-12pm||
|Wednesday, November 3rd||2-4pm||Not Available||
|Thursday, November 4th||Not Available||2-4pm||
|Friday, November 5th||Not Available||Not Available||
For Online Zoom Advising:
- Join Online Video Advising Session
- Join Zoom Meeting via App: ID 842-0656-7669
- Call 669-900-6833 and Enter Meeting ID 842-0656-7669
For Phone Advising:
For Current Students- In-Person Drop-Ins:
In-person drop-in are available for cureent CSULB student ONLY. Stop by EED-67 during our drop-in hours to sign in to speak with a Credential Advisor and/or Liberal Studies Advisor. You will be asked to show your green check mark from your COVID pre-screening. In addition, mask must be worn at ALL time in the building.
Welcome to the Beach!
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Drop-in Zoom Advising is available for all programs.
Some of our services include:
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- SERVE Program for EDEL 200 and EDEL 300 students
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP): Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP): Elementary School Teaching
- Education Specialist Credential Program (ESCP): Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP): Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Hours are subject to change. It is also highly recommended that you attend a Program Information Meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.
For additional information related to professional licensure and certification related to this program, please see the Credential Center.