Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
CED Update Regarding COVID-19
Considerations surrounding novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, are evolving rapidly. Until further notice, staff will be working remotely during business hours. Therefore, College of Education offices will not be open for in-person services and will provide online services alternatively. Please continue to check the Reuniting the Beach website for up-to-date information on the evolving situation within the University.
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is currently closed however staff are working remotely. Advisors for the affiliated programs can be contacted during the online Zoom hours Monday- Friday from 9:00-11:00am and 2:00-4:00pm. To participate in online Zoom Advising:
- Join Online Video Advising Session: https://csulb.zoom.us/s/84206567669
- Join Zoom Meeting via App: ID 842-0656-7669
- Call 669-900-6833 and Enter Meeting ID 842-0656-7669
TPAC Advising will not be available on the following days and times due to Staff Professional Development:
- Monday July 26 - All Day
- Monday August 2 - All Day
- Thursday August 5 - 9-11am only
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is located in EED-67 (currently not open for in-person services) and is open from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m M-F.
We are here for you during this unprecedented time. Let us know how we can help.
Welcome to the Beach!
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Drop-in Zoom Advising is available for all programs.
Some of our services include:
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- SERVE Program for EDEL 200 and EDEL 300 students
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP): Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP): Elementary School Teaching
- Education Specialist Credential Program (ESCP): Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP): Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Hours are subject to change. It is also highly recommended that you attend a Program Information Meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.
For additional information related to professional licensure and certification related to this program, please see the Credential Center.