Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
Welcome to the Beach!
Beginning Monday January 22, 2018, the Teacher Preparation Advising Center will be open from 9am-5pm Monday through Thursday and open from 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm on Fridays (close from 12-1 for lunch on Fridays only).
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center will be closed on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 22, 2018 (closing at 11:30am for commencement activities)
- Monday, May 28, 2018 - Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4, 2018 - Fourth of July
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Walk-in advising is available for all programs.
We are located in EED - 67 in the College of Education south of the Campus Library. Some of our other services include:
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
Liberal Studies Program
- Liberal Studies Department
- Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
- Liberal Studies walk-in advising hours are available.
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP)
- Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP)
- Elementary School Teaching
- Special Education Credential Program (Education Specialist Credential Program - ESCP)
- Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP)
- Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Walk-in Advising is available Monday-Friday from 9:30am-11:30am & 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Hours are subject to change. It is suggested that you contact TPAC at 562-985-1105 to verify hours prior to coming to campus for advising. It is also highly recommended that you attend a program information meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.