Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
Welcome to the Beach!
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is open from 9am-5pm Monday through Thursday and open from 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm on Fridays (close from 12-1 for lunch on Fridays only).
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center will be closed on the following dates:
- Monday, September 3, 2018 in observance of Labor Day
- Monday November 12, 2018 in observance of Veterans Day
- Thursday November 22 - Friday November 23 in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Walk-in advising is available for all programs.
We are located in EED - 67 in the College of Education south of the Campus Library. Some of our other services include:
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP)
- Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP)
- Elementary School Teaching
- Special Education Credential Program (Education Specialist Credential Program - ESCP)
- Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP)
- Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Walk-in Advising is available Monday-Friday from 9:30am-11:30am & 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Hours are subject to change. It is suggested that you contact TPAC at 562-985-1105 to verify hours prior to coming to campus for advising. It is also highly recommended that you attend a program information meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.