Camtasia makes it simple to record presentations or screencasts, add audio, narration, and visual effects to create engaging videos to share with students on BeachBoard or other platforms.
Camtasia is available to CSULB employees at no cost through the Software Depot.
Instructions for Downloading Camtasia
- Sign into Single-Sign On
- Select the Software Depot chiclet.
- In Software Depot, click on SELECT SOFTWARE:
- Select the TechSmith tab:
- Select the Camtasia icon.
- Be sure to select either the Windows Or Mac version and then Add to Cart:
- Select View Full Cart:
- Select "I am placing this order for myself" and click Check Out at the bottom of the page:
- Select the Post-Order Instructions and follow the steps on the pop up box to download the install package and enter your product key:
Sharing Camtasia Projects in BeachBoard
We recommend uploading your Camtasia projects directly into BeachBoard’s Media tool as MP4 files.
To upload your videos to YouTube, see Google’s official support pages below. We recommend that all your videos are set to be Unlisted, so that only people who have a link to the video can view it.
Visit the Camtasia Tutorials site for the most current and updated instructions.