Qualtrics is a simple and secure web-based survey tool used to conduct survey research, evaluations and other data collection activities. Qualtrics is compliant with HIPAA, FERPA, and meets ADA compliance. With its strong data security features, Qualtrics is recommended for CSULB survey administration.
To sign in to your Qualtrics account:
- Visit https://csulb.qualtrics.com
- Enter your employee/student ID.
- On your first login, you must agree to the terms of service.
Training and Tutorials
Visit our custom training resources for CSULB employees: Qualtrics Training and Resources
Student Account Features
Student accounts are limited to:
- 10 active surveys at any given time
- 20 total surveys allowed at one time (surveys can be deleted and replaced)
- 300 allowed responses per survey*
- 100 allowed questions per survey*
- 1,000 responses across all surveys (deleting responses do not count towards total)
- 300 outgoing emails allowed across all surveys*
- 50 allowed outgoing emails/week*
- 1 panel is allowed with a maximum of 300 names*
- A limited collection of accessible survey question types
To request additional active surveys, additional question types, or permission changes contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include your student ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
This list is being developed from questions we receive from our users at CSULB. Let us know if you have others questions at email@example.com.
How do I view how many total responses I have used?
To view your response statistics click on Account Usage located under Account Settings. In this view, you can see your total allowed surveys, your total allowed active surveys, your total allowed responses, and your total allowed outgoing emails. In addition, you can see how many surveys, responses, and emails you have used. To increase your limits please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I restore a deleted project?
In most cases, no. However, you can contact email@example.com to see if your project is able to be restored.
Can I edit a live survey that is currently being taken?
Yes, but there are a couple of considerations:
- Only those who have not yet started the survey will see the new changes. Anyone who started the survey prior to your changes will see the original survey, not the updated one. Changing the survey while it is live could cause inconstancies in your data collection process.
- Superficial text edits are fine (e.g., fixing a typo or changing the font). However, deleting questions or answer options can harm previously collected data. We recommend never deleting answer choice options or questions.
Which browsers are supported by Qualtrics?
Qualtrics can be used on any browser type. However, it is recommended that you test survey functionality in all browsers prior to inviting survey respondents.
Learn More About Qualtrics
Visit the Qualtrics website to discover the many ways to use this tool.