Zoom is a video conferencing tool for remote meetings, online courses, and webinars. Zoom can be used on desktop computers, mobile devices, and multimedia room systems.
All faculty and staff are eligible for Zoom Pro accounts.
- A Zoom Pro account allows a user to host a group meeting with fewer limitations than Zoom free accounts.
- A Zoom Pro account is not required to attend and participate in a Zoom meeting.
- Download the Zoom desktop application
- Click on the Sign In button
- Click the Sign In with SSO button
- Enter "csulb" as your company domain, and then click Continue
- A browser window will open prompting you for your Campus ID and password. Enter in your Campus ID and password, and then click Continue
- This will automatically create your account and log you in.
Getting Started With Training Resources
Desktop Computer Documentation
- Zoom Support Center home
- Join by audio/teleconferencing
- Button layout
- Schedule meeting using Personal Meeting Room (PMI)
- Invite users
- Join a Video Meeting
- Record a Meeting
- Screen Share Meeting
- Testing Audio
- Testing Video
- Pin Screens
- Remote Control
- How to Find Meeting ID
- Cloud Video Conferencing
- Online Meetings for up to 200 participants
- Telephone Dial-in
- Mobile Collaboration
- Large meetings for up to 300 participants (by request)
- Webinars for up to 500 attendees, 50 of which can be participants (by request)
Learn more about the features by visiting Zoom's Features page.
Instructors (and others creating and sharing content in Zoom) share the responsibility of ensuring that content is provided in a way that is accessible to everyone in the course.
Zoom provides the ability to create captions as a meeting takes place. This requires that someone manually type in text as the meeting takes place. For more information on this feature please see the Closed Captioning documentation from Zoom.
More information can be found on the Zoom Accessibility page.
Contact your division, department, or college technologist for assistance with your campus-owned computer.
Please submit questions, problems, or suggestions regarding the Zoom license.