The purpose of the Faculty Center is to establish a vibrant, easily accessible facility where faculty can seek advice, guidance, mentoring, support, and community.
The Faculty Center:
- Provides support and resources that enable faculty to thrive in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Seeks opportunities and coordinates existing professional development services at CSULB that builds community, enhances student learning, and facilitates faculty research and creative activities.
- Promotes an ethos of service and civic responsibility among faculty.
- Attends to the socio-emotional well-being of faculty by creating a platform for discussing issues of mutual concern.
- Supports the development of faculty focus groups in affinity groups to identify and address challenges.