The Horn Center
Empowering students to succeed.
The Horn Center benefits students by ensuring open access to amenities such as a wi-fi enabled study lounge, multiple adaptive (height-adjustable) computer workstations, self-service print/copy machines, and the Open Computer Lab. Faculty benefit from the convenient location to borrow equipment needed for classrooms on this side of campus.
Services available at the Horn Center include:
- Classroom Equipment Checkout: Faculty can reserve and pick up classroom equipment through the Classroom Support Services desk, located next to the Computer Lab. This equipment is also available from the main ATS office, in AS-120
- Printing, Copying, Scanning: Self-service stations are available inside the central corridor as well as within the Computer Lab.
- Technology Help Desk: The THD, easily accessible just inside the main entrance, is staffed with experts who are ready to solve issues related to personal computing as well as campus data systems and software.
- University Center for Undergraduate Advising: Academic advising support for students, including degree planning and course selection.
- Learning Assistance Center: The LAC offers workshops for improving general study skills and individual tutoring in specific subject areas.
- University Art Museum: While spending the day at The Horn Center, students can refresh their minds and enjoy a study break at the adjoining museum.
Ensuring Access to Digital Learning Tools
As the largest open computer lab in the CSU system, the Horn Center Computer Lab ensures equal access to high-quality equipment, software, and onsite technical assistance needed for academic success and creative expression. The lab is open to all CSULB students, regardless of degree program or area of study.
The Computer Lab provides:
- 189 PC and 52 Mac desktop computers
- MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite software in all computers
- Direct connections to self-service printers
- Collaborative work space for group assignments
- ADA (adaptive) workstations with height-adjustable tables, large print keyboards, and lighted book magnifier units.
- Onsite reservation system to request up to 4 hours of computer time during peak hours
As a former library, the Horn Center facility offers the ambiance to inspire focused concentration as well as the essential services that students need - all under one roof.