The Horn Center
The Horn Center benefits students by ensuring open access to amenities such as a wi-fi enabled study lounge, multiple adaptive (height-adjustable) computer workstations, self-service print/copy machines, and an open computer lab. Faculty benefit from the convenient location to borrow equipment needed for classrooms on this side of campus.
Services and Spaces
- Combined Technology Help Desk and Classroom Equipment Checkout services for assistance on personal computing and software issues, campus data systems, and reserving/picking up classroom equipment (faculty only). Classroom equipment is also available from the main ATS office, in the AS building, room 120.
- Self-service stations for printing, copying, or scanning
10 Active Learning Classrooms w/ lecture capture / Hyflex technologies
2 large lecture halls w/ lecture capture and in-class learning glass systems
- Luxor locker system for classroom equipment checkout
- Outdoor seating area
- Future plans for exam proctoring and e-sport spaces
Open Computer Lab
The Horn Center Computer Lab ensures equal access to high-quality equipment, software, and onsite technical assistance needed for academic success and creative expression. The lab is open to all CSULB students, regardless of degree program or area of study.
The Computer Lab provides:
- Computer Lab Helpdesk
- 300+ seats
- 98 PC workstations
- 12 Mac computers
- 10 collaborative study areas for group assignments
- MS Office and Adobe Creative Cloud software in all computers
- Color, B&W, and wireless printing
- ADA (adaptive) workstations with height-adjustable tables, large print keyboards, and lighted book magnifier units.
- Onsite reservation system to request up to 4 hours of computer time during peak hours