Linda Martinez has an extensive background in both the academic world and in the business world. In academia, she was the director of a multimillion-dollar Department of Education grant for the leadership department at the University of Houston. She developed and launched online statistics courses for Texas A & M University and California State University, Long Beach. At CSULB, Dr. Martinez served as the coordinator of both the Master of Emergency Services Administration program and the bachelor’s program in occupational studies. Currently, Dr. Martinez is the coordinator of the Health Care Administration Marketing classes. Additionally, Dr. Martinez is the editor of the refereed Workforce Education Forum credential journal. Dr. Martinez spent ten years as a vice-president of ARC, a large engineering company, supervising employee issues and courtroom presentation preparations. She has developed websites and presented papers throughout the world on internet research, stress management, and career choices.
Dr. Martinez has a BS in Education and Math and an MS in Educational Psychology; she also holds a school counseling credential and a mid-management. She obtained her Ph.D. from Texas A&M University in Educational Psychology, minoring in human resources, in administrative leadership, and in statistics.
- HCA 353 Marketing for Health Services Organizations
- HCA 417 Technology, Ethics, and Society
- HCA 530 Strategic Planning Marketing in Healthcare
- Martinez, L. K., & O’Lawrence, H. (2020). The factors influencing urban health services among ethnic groups in the U.S. Education Sciences: Special Issue Urban City Schools10(3). https://doi.org/10.3390/educsci10030077.
- O’Lawrence, H., Martinez, L. K., Amanda, N., Garrovillas, E., & DelaCruz, L. (2020). A meta- analysis and non-systematic results for prevention of non-communicable diseases.Journal of Current Trends in Nursing & Health Care. 1(1). https://rxm.0d3.myftpupload.com/ wp-content/uploads/2020/08/A-Meta-analysis-and- Non-systematic-Results-for-Prevention-of-Non-Communicable-Diseases.pdf
- O’Lawrence, H., Martinez, L. K., Castello, G., Humes, E., Mayorga, B., & Rosas, S. (June 2, 2020). The latest review of childhood obesity among Hispanic and Latinx populations in California. Diabetes Research. https://asploro.com/the-latest-review-of-childhood-obesity-among-hispani...
- O’Lawrence, H., Martinez, L. K., Mercado, R., Lapuz, C. A., & Echigo, Y. (May 10, 2020). A review of adolescent’s depression in California. Journal of Clinical Cases and Reports 4(3). http://www.tridhascholars.org/pdfs/a-review-of-adolescents-depression-in... JOCCR-04-1092.pdf
- O’Lawrence, H., Martinez, L. K., Garcia, A., Ramos, P., Pequillo, D., & Marquez, C. (2020).The use of e-cigarettes among adolescents in the United States. SocialScience Research 20(7). https://globaljournals.org/GJHSS_Volume20/1-The-use-of-E- Cigarettes.pdf. DOI: 10.34257/GJHSSAVOL20IS7PG1
- Martinez, L. K., Oard, A., & O’Lawrence, H. (2019), Analyses of Diabetes epidemic update in California. Journal of Diabetes and Treatment. (ISSN:2574-7568), Retrieval from https://gavinpublishers.com/articles/review-article/Journal-of-Diabetes-... ISSN-2574-7568/analysis-of-diabetes-epidemic-update-in-california
- Younis, M., O’Lawrence, H., & Martinez, L. K. (2019). The global health issues and medical travel: A review. International Journal of Health Management and Tourism. https//:doi Number: 10.31201/ijhmt.523635
- Martinez, L. K. (2019). Factors associated with emergency departments in utilization of health services among minorities who are enrolled in Medicare, European Journal of Environment and Public Health. 3(2), https//:doi.org/10.29333/ejeph/5852
- O’Lawrence, H. & Martinez, L. (2018). Access to healthcare among the adult population. European Journal of Environment and Public Health. 2(2), https://doi.org/10.20897/ejeph/90840
- O’Lawrence, H., Martinez, L., & Solis, E. (2017). Disparities in insurance type among minorities or congestive heart failure diagnosis in the ambulatory care setting. Special issue on healthcare policy, public health, financing and economics. International Journal of Organization Theory and Behavior.
- O’Lawrence, H., & Martinez, L. (2009). Influence of workforce education and development on the growth of today’s economy. Workforce Education and Development (Online) IV(1).
- Kapes, J. T., Martinez, L. K. & Vacha-Haase, T. (2001). Additional Career Assessment Instruments. In J. T. Kapes & E. A. Whitfield (Eds.), A counselor’s guide to career assessment instruments (pp. 433-474). Columbus, OH: National Career Development Association.
- Martinez, L. K. (2001). A counselor’s guide user’s matrix: An alphabetical listing of career assessment instruments by category and type of use. In J.T. Kapes & E.A. Whitfield (Eds.), A counselor’s guide to career assessment instruments (pp. 535-558). Columbus,OH: National Career Development Association.
- Kapes, J. T., Ip, C., Martinez, L. Slivinski, T., & Hardwicke, S. B. (1998). Internet-based vs. paper-pencil occupational competency test administration: An equivalency study. Journal of Vocational Education Research, 23(3), 201-219.
- Kapes, J. T., Ip, C., Martinez, L. Slivinski, T., & Hardwicke, S. B. (1997, June). A comparison of paper-pencil and internet-based occupational competency tests (Project Report).
- Harrisburg, PA: Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Vocational-Technical Education.
- Kapes, J. T., Matlock-Hetzel, S., & Martinez, L. (1997). Career assessment as a component of career guidance/counseling: Past and present practices and instruments. Journal of Vocational Education Research, 21(4), 33-66.
- Borman, C. A., Kapes, J. T., & Martinez, L. (1996). Measures of aptitude and achievement useful in adult career assessment. Career Planning and Adult Development Journal, 12(2),11-22.
- Kapes, J. T., Matlock-Hetzel, S. G., & Martinez, L. (1996). Measures of interests and values useful in adult career assessment. Career Planning and Adult Development Journal, 12(2), 23-40.