The California State University Long Beach Health Care Administration Student Forum (HCASF) is a recognized campus student academic organization. HCASF provides a vehicle for constructive student involvement, recognition, and representation in the profession of Health Care Administration. Its mission is to promote an environment advantageous to the educational and ethical development of personal and social skills for effective leadership in healthcare organizations.
Once you are enrolled in HCA 300, you are automatically enrolled in the HCA Student Forum's organizational mailing list on BeachBoard. On BeachBoard, go to My Organizations, and search for or click on “HCA Students” to find information about upcoming meetings. We are currently working on enrolling those who are Pre-Health Care Administration so that everyone interested in the major can receive information about the forum.
If you wish to learn more and apply to become a member of the HCASF, go to CSULB's BeachSync. HCASF's BeachSync and BeachBoard have contact information for the HCASF officers and the faculty sponsor. These sites also contain information on HCA meetings and community events for students who are preparing for careers in healthcare administration as well as for career and paid internship opportunities.
- Develop associations with local and regional healthcare executive groups to enhance academic and career opportunities.
- Invite alumni and health care administrative practitioners to meet with students.
- Participate in campus-wide student government.
- Advise the HCA Department Chair and faculty of student concerns and suggestions for improvement.
- Help students network and find internships and jobs.
- Have FUN with fellow students and alumni
HCA Student Forum Officers
The 2021–2022 Officers:
- President: - Brenda Dominguez
- Vice-President: Jose Oliver
- Secretary: Juliana Trang
- Treasurer: Juliana Sanchez
- Membership Coordinator: -
- Student Liaison: -
- Public Relation Manager: -
HCASF Faculty Advisor:
- Dr. Linda Martinez
- Dr. Henry O'Lawrence