Mission, Vision, & Competencies
Our undergraduate program (BS-HCA) is a full-certified member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA). It emphasizes our students' preparedness for the workforce, with health care industry-specific courses in the basic business functions and a mandatory internship in a health care organization. While obtaining the Bachelor of Science in HCA, our undergraduate students may also pursue a business administration minor in several options including Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources Management, and Marketing from College of Business.
Our Certificate in Health Care Administration is similar to a minor, and students may take this during their undergraduate studies in another non-HCA major.
Our undergraduate program mission is to provide our students with a high-quality foundation in partnership with health care organizations and community stakeholders. We foster learning and professional development through innovative teaching and real-world experiences. Students who complete our program will have a competitive edge in the value-based healthcare system marketplace.
Our vision is to be a distinguished HCA Undergraduate Program for excellence in education, innovation and practice for the public good- equipping students for professional success.
Communication and Relationship Management
- Relationship Management
- Communication Skills
- Facilitation and Negotiation
- Leadership Skills and Behavior
- Organizational Climate and Culture
- Communicating Vision
- Managing change
- Personal and Professional Accountability
- Professional development and lifelong learning
- Contributions to the community and profession
Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment
- Healthcare systems and organizations
- Healthcare personnel
- The Patient’s perspective
- The Community and the environment
Business Skills and Knowledge
- General management
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- Organizational dynamics and governance
- Strategic planning and marketing
- Information Management
- Risk management
- Quality improvement