The CSULB deadline for Fall admission to the University is June 1st.
Post bac Candidates must submit a program application AND a CSULB university application.
ITEP candidates do NOT need to apply to the University and only submit a program application.
Applications to begin the program in Fall 2023 are due no later than 5pm on Thursday June 1, 2023.
The University application deadline is firm. Applications to the university will NOT be accepted after the deadline. Post bac candidates must apply to both the university AND the program by the appropriate deadline. This is two separate applications. Candidates must submit official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended with their CalState Apply application. IF you earned your degree at CSULB you do not need to submit transcripts.
Urban Dual Credential Program Application
UDCP Fall 2023 Program Application Deadline EXTENDED:
Thursday June 1, 2023 @ 5pm
In addition to applying to CSULB online, candidates must also submit a complete credential program application on MyCED, prior to the application deadline.
Candidates must meet the following admission criteria to be eligible for full admission to the Urban Dual Credential Program:
- Submission of a complete application packet prior to the appropriate deadline
- G.P.A. of at least 2.75 for the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units, or 2.67 overall
- Completion and passage of oral interview with program faculty
- Verification of Basic Skills Requirement
- Current TB test verification
- Demonstration of Subject Matter Competence through one of the options listed below:
- Passage of CSET: Multiple Subjects (all three subtest) (Scores valid for ten years after passing test date and must be valid at the time credential is completed),
- through completion of a CTC approved Subject Matter Preparation Program,
- Through completion of a bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies from an accredited institution
- Through completion of coursework in each of the subject matter domains. Candidates using this pathway must request an evaluation from the Liberal Studies Department. Evaluations are only done from current CSULB students enrolled in MSCP pre-requisite courses.
- Through verification of a combination of coursework and exam.
Candidates are required to complete a group interview with a program faculty prior to being admitted to the program. Interviews will be set up in March and April Please contact the Teacher Preparation Advising Center in EED-67 at 562-985-1105 to sign up for an interview the semester you are planning to submit your program application. Interview times fill up so it is suggested that you contact the office early in the semester to secure an interview appointment.
Use the checklist below to organize your digital application packet appropriately prior to uploading all required documents to the UDCP Application on MyCED. For instructions on how to access and create an account on MyCED, see below under "Submitting the UDCP Application on MyCED."
- Personal Statement – 1-2 Pages Types, double space. Describe why you have chosen teaching as a career, the training, talents and experiences you bring to teaching all students including those with disabilities, what you hope to accomplish as a dually credentialed teacher, and how you view the role of the teacher.
- Valid Negative TB Test – Skin Tests, Risk Assessments and Blood Tests are valid for 4 years and Chest x-rays are valid for 8 years. Verification must show the date read and results (negative).
- Proof of Basic Skills Requirement – Official proof of the Basic Skills Requirement (CSET, CSET Writing, SAT, ACT, AP Scores, coursework etc.) Click on Basic Skill Requirement in the navigation menu for more information on available options. Candidates that are using an exam and coursework to satisfy the Basic Skills Requirement will need to upload both their official exam scores AND verification of their approved coursework to MyCED.
- Proof of Subject Matter Competence (NOT Required for ITEP Applicants) – Proof of subject matter competency through a Liberal Studies Bachelor's degree, passage of the Multiple Subject CSET exam or completion of an Elementary Subject Matter Preparation Program.
- CTC Clearance - Take a Screen shot of your Certificate of Clearance, 30 Day Sub Permit, Child Development Permit or Activity Supervisor Permit from the CTC website showing Document Number and Expiration Date.
- Recommendation Forms - candidates will be asked to submit the name and email address for two individuals who are well acquainted with your educational training, teaching or other experience, and related activities. Recommendations can come from a college instructor, a K-12 educator, employer or other adult who is not a relative. If you work in an educational setting, one should be from your current supervisor. Be sure to submit the name and contact information for your recommender WELL IN ADVANCE of the application deadline to ensure that the forms are received by the deadline.
- Faculty Interview – Sign up for a UDCP Faculty Interview with TPAC.
Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.
PLEASE KEEP COPIES OF ALL OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS
Applications are submitted online through MyCED at https://csulb.edu/myced.
How do I login into MyCED?
Current CSULB Student? Applicant that are current CSULB students with an SSO login can access MyCED at the link above and login in with your SSO. You will need to click Accept the first time you login to grant permission to the system.
CSULB Alumni but Not a Current Student? Applicants that are Alumni and have a past CSULB Campus ID can use this ID to create a login to MyCED and submit your UDCP application. To log in, click the MyCED link above and select Create a Guest account to set up your account using your past CSULB Campus ID#.
New CSULB Student that has Already Applied through CalState Apply? Applicants that have applied to CSULB at CalState Apply will receive a nine digit CSULB ID within 48 hours of submitting their CSULB Application through CalState Apply. Once you receive this campus ID, you can then click the MyCED link above and select Guest account to then use this ID to create an account for MyCED and submit your UDCP application
New CSULB Student that has Not Yet Applied through CalState Apply? Applicants that have not yet applied to CSULB should contact the Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at 562-985-1105 for assistance in accessing the system.