Why Choose UDCP?
Ever wonder what the life of a credential student is like? Follow along for a Day in the Life of a first-year UDCP student:
For more student videos, follow UDCP on Instragram: udcp_csulb
At UDCP, one of our greatest strengths is our students. Below is what our graduates say about their experiences in UDCP:
I feel equipped with all the tools necessary to serve an urban, diverse population, and I feel very fortunate to be part of a progressive learning community, moving education in a positive direction.
-Lilia, UDCP graduate 2019
I was in a meeting with the district’s other autism-focused teachers and the topic of a dual credential was introduced. We were essentially told that dual credentials are “the future”, and when they asked if anyone had dual credentials I got to proudly raise my hand! I was the only person.
-Emma, UDCP graduate 2021
The Urban Dual Credential Program was an incredible, worthwhile, rigorous program. UDCP helps teacher candidates become amazing teachers with tools that are needed, such as instructional strategies, classroom management skills, and a teaching experience in both classroom settings. It is intense, but it is worth the ride!
I cannot imagine going through any program without my cohort 4 family.
-Alejandra, UDCP graduate 2020
I am so grateful for the UDCP program, as obtaining two teaching credentials has helped me stand out in my professional realm of teaching.
-Aaron Carter, UDCP graduate 2023
The UDCP program was the best decision I've ever made. The professors truly prepare you for a career.
-Chelsea, UDCP graduate 2022
- UDCP prepares candidates for teaching jobs right after graduation. Over 95% of UDCP graduates are working as full-time teachers in public school districts, as reported by annual alumni surveys.
- As the only dual credential program offered by a public university in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas, UDCP offers excellent value for tuition.
- UDCP courses offer substantial support for the RICA and CalTPA, resulting in first-time pass rates that exceed state averages.
- UDCP graduates are employed by local districts such as Long Beach Unified School District, Garden Grove Unified School District, Little Lake City School District, Tustin Unified School District, Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Alamitos Unified School District, ABC Unified School District, Irvine Unified School District, Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, and many more.
- The small cohort model allows students to receive individualized attention from professors, which translates to higher on-time graduate rates.
UDCP is fortunate to collaborate with caring mentor teachers who are dedicated to helping the next generation of teachers. Meet some of our long-time mentor teachers: