Faculty may apply for support from both internal and external sources for their research and program activities. Our Internal Awards for Scholarship and Teaching page provides an overview of all College and University awards for research and scholarly activity (plus teaching).
A wide array of external grant opportunities also exist for funding faculty research and programmatic initiatives. The College works in partnership with the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) to support external grant applications, process awards, and manage grants. Faculty who are successful in receiving external grant funding may also apply for a CED grant incentive to augment their reassigned time.
Ready to get started? First steps:
- View the CED Quick Guide to the right on this page.
- Review the resources on ORSP's grant development BeachBoard site. [Log in to BeachBoard and change your role to "student" to view the site.]
- Explore the CSULB-sponsored SPIN database and sign up for SMARTS alerts.
- Review additional resources on grant searches and granting writing.
- Consult with Laura Portnoi, who oversees grants and contracts for the College. She can assist with generating ideas, figuring out where to start, and identifying funding sources.
- Talk with your department chair and colleagues about your plans.
- Learn about the pre-award process with ORSP.