External Sponsor Resources
Below are some subscription and free web-based services that summarize and catalog funding opportunities and provide useful search engines for identifying funding sources to support research and scholarly activity. An efficient way to find funding opportunities is to set up customized searches and/or funding alerts that automatically notify you of funding opportunities in your area of interest.
- Over 40,000 opportunities from more than 10,000 global sponsors public and private
- Get results that match your research criteria
- The HELP feature provides step-by-step video instruction
- Receive e-mail alerts on funding opportunities matching your selected search criteria
- When accessing SPIN from an on-campus computer, you are automatically logged into the SPIN website; however, you will only have access to basic search features and cannot save your search.
- To have full access to SPIN, CSULB faculty and staff must have an active profile account. For those who have lost their password or login information, please contact ORED@csulb.edu to request assistance.
- For those CSULB employees without a profile account, please submit a request. Go to SPIN’s Sign In link to request a new profile and click on “Need to create a new profile?” Your request will be reviewed and approved by the Office of Research and Economic Development. Only faculty and staff with a CSULB email address will be granted a SPIN profile.
Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance is a government-wide compendium of federal programs, projects, services, and activities that provide assistance or benefits to the American public. It contains financial and nonfinancial assistance programs administered by departments and establishments of the Federal government.
Philanthropy News Digest posts daily requests for proposals (RFPs) submitted by sponsors. Each RFP listing provides a brief overview of a current funding opportunity offered by a foundation or other sponsoring organization. Anyone can subscribe to the RFP Bulletin, a free listing of new RFPs delivered weekly by email.
Institute of Education Sciences provides email notification of any new funding opportunities from the IES. Click on the General IES News and Information dropdown (select the + sign) and check the box of the funding alerts only. This will ensure that you will receive only funding emails from the IES.
- ARI: Agricultural Research Institute
- COAST: CSU Council on Ocean Affairs, Science and Technology
- CSUPERB: CSU Program for Education and Research in Biotechnology
- CDSC: California Desert Studies Consortium
- CSU Shiley Haynes Institute for Palliative Care
- MLML: Moss Landing Marine Laboratories
- OSI: Ocean Studies Institute
- SSRIC: Social Science Research & Instructional Council
- STEM-NET: Science, technology, Engineering and Mathematics Network
- WRPI: CSU Water Resources and Policy Initiatives