Admissions and Standards Committee
The Admissions and Standards Committee (A&S) is comprised of Department of Teacher Education faculty. One of the most important functions the Admissions and Standards Committee performs is the review of petitions submitted by MSCP students. Examples of petitions typically reviewed by A&S include petitions to submit a student teaching application or program application after the deadline or petition to be readmitted to student teaching. Petitions are not limited to these examples.
To submit a petition for a MSCP Policy you must present a case in writing and fully document it. Follow these instructions:
- Compose a written statement presenting your situation and reason for your request in full. This is your opportunity to provide the committee with ANY and ALL information that will assist them in determining whether or not an exception to MSCP policy should be made for your situation.
- Click here to complete the MSCP Petition form via DocuSign.
- Attach your unofficial MyCSULB transcripts showing what credential coursework you have completed at CSULB.
- Attach any materials that support your written statement such as CBEST/CSET scores, Certificate of Clearance, verification of enrollment in supplemental courses, etc
- Submit your Petition form and all supporting documents via DocuSign.
The Petition results will be emailed to you within two weeks after submitting your petition. Petition decisions are final and cannot be appealed.