Jeff Rodrigues, PT, DPT, CCS
Lecturer, Physical Therapy
- Post-professional Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, 2001
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, Columbia University, 1993
- Bachelors of Science in Health Science, California State University, Long Beach, 1991
Board Certified Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Clinical Specialist
Cardiac and Pulmonary rehabilitation for the pre- and post-surgery patient including transplantation and mechanical circulatory devices; delivery of care for physical therapists in the acute care setting.
- Subject Matter Expert Lead, Revalidation of the Description of Specialty Practice-Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy 2015-2018
- Member, American Physical Therapy Association, 1991 to present
- Abstract Reviewer, California Physical Therapy Association Annual Conference, 2010 to present
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists Specialty Council Chair, Cardiovascular and Pulmonary section, 2008 to 2011 and 2015 to 2019
- Item Writing Course Development consultant through ABPTS, 2010
- Regional Item Writing Workshop “Best Practices” Task Force through ABPTS, 2010-2012
- Outstanding Student Member, New York State APTA, May, 1993.
- Rodrigues J, Campbell A, Frese E, Lowers S, Norman J, Stackowicz D, Starr J and Walko M. The Current Status of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy: An Update of the Description of Specialty Practice. Cardiopulm Phys Ther (in print).
- Hamm R, Rodrigues J, Weitz I. Pathophysiology and multidisciplinary management of leg wounds in sickle cell disease: a case discussion and literature review. Wounds-A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice. 18(10):277-85, 2006.
- Rodrigues J: Cardiopulmonary physical therapy treatment. In Watchie J: Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy—A Clinical Manual, 2nd Ed. St. Louis, MO, Mosby Elsevier Co., 2010.
- Rodrigues J: Persistent Cough. In Davenport TD, Kulig K, Sebelski C, Gordon J, Watts H: Differential Diagnosis in Physical Therapy, F.A. Davis, 2012.
- Rodrigues J; Measurement of Sternal Movement with Functional Activities after Sternotomy in Regards to Sternal Precautions, Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA, February 2018.
- Rodrigues J and Bartalo P; Overcoming the Apprehension of Treating a Patient with Cardiovascular or Pulmonary Disease, Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA, February 2012.
- Rodrigues J; Wound Management and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Combine to Treat a Chronic Wound in a Person with Sickle Cell Disease, 15th International World Confederation for Physical Therapy Congress, June 2007.
- Rodrigues J; A Case of a 37 year-old Male with Bleomycin Pulmonary Toxicity, Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA, February 2007.
- Rodrigues J; Functional Outcomes of Lobar and Double Lung Transplant Recipients, 23rd International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions, April 2003.
- Rodrigues J; Functional Outcomes of Lobar and Double Lung Transplant Recipients, Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA, February 2002.
- Rodrigues J; A Case Of A 26 Year-Old Male Who Underwent Heart Transplantation Due To Severe Cardiomyopathy, Combined Sections Meeting of the APTA, February 2000.