Winter Session January 8 - February 29
(In-Person, Zoom and HyFlex Classes)
- Fill in a registration form and mail with a check, or register online
- Classes are offered in person on the CSULB campus or at other community locations, on Zoom or as HyFlex classes (Zoom & Room).
- Membership ($40 September to August) is required if not already paid.
- Zoom class links will be e-mailed one week before the start of your classes.
- Membership is open to adults 50 and older.
- Membership is required to enroll in any class.
- Membership is $40.00 for a full academic year (Sept. to Aug.)
- Membership is pro-rated to $20.00 for half of the year (April 1 to Aug.)
- Class tuition for any type is $15
- Many OLLI classes are taught online. If you can't get to campus and have a computer, tablet or smartphone, you can still participate.
- The OLLI classroom on CSULB campus has a hearing enhancement system (Loop) embedded in the ceiling. When you're in a class, you can use it with headphones we supply or if your hearing aids are T-coil compatible, you can connect directly to the room's sound system.
- The OLLI web site and class schedule can be read by using text-to-speech devices.
- OLLI students with limited vision and who have a CSULB ID card, can apply to the Bob Murphy Access Center (BMAC) for a service that transcribes class handouts.
Step One: Select Classes
Read The SUN catalog and select your classes.
Step Two: Login or Create a New Account
Returning members: Login
- Enter your Username / Password. Click LOGIN. Call for help instead of creating a new account (562.985.2398).
- No password? Choose Forgot Password and enter your email that matches the OLLI database.
- You will be sent a link to reset a password. Follow the directions to enter a password. You may also edit or change your User Name.
New to OLLI: Create Account (Contact OLLI if you have ever taken classes - we can confirm your current status.)
- Fill in the required contact information and create your own Username and Password.
- Click Submit. You now have an OLLI account. Record your User Name and Password to use at any time.
- Click Continue Registration.
Step Three: Pay for Membership (anytime)
Pay the OLLI annual membership fee ($40) (membership starts over every September).
- Click Membership at top of the page. A Membership must be bought before enrolling in any classes.
- Fill in credit card information. Click Continue Checkout. Review your payment information.
- Click Submit Payment. Wait for processing!
- You may complete this transaction at any time. Then you will be ready for class registration.
Step 4: Register for Classes
- Select the appropriate Session. Search for a class by Day (easiest).
- To enroll, click Register.
- To sign up for more classes, click Search, and repeat the process. You will see all in the shopping cart
- When you are finished registering, click Checkout.
Enrollment in all classes will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Teachers have set their own class limits and we will respect their preferences. Waitlists are not being kept for full classes.
NOTE: Please keep OLLI financially healthy by registering and paying for all classes attended.
Some classes have minimum enrollments. If enrollment is not met one week before the first class meeting, the class may be canceled.
Students will be notified and refunds or transfers to other classes can be issued by the OLLI office.
CSULB charges a fee for all returned checks. If your check is returned, you will be responsible to pay the amount of your check plus the fee. This fee may be changed by CSULB at any time.
Refunds or Transfers for classes must be made before the second class meeting. All refunds must be requested through the office. Please call 562.985.2398
Our instructors come with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and influences. We strive to provide diverse views while maintaining the highest quality of excellence in all classes. The views of the instructors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute or the University.
OLLI @ CSULB offers scholarships for those who need financial assistance to participate. Anyone who submits an application and is approved for a scholarship will be eligible for a paid Annual membership and discounted class tuition for the membership year. Recipients will pay a 10% co-pay for each course taken ($1.50).
Please call the OLLI office to request the Scholarship application. It must be processed prior to registering for classes for the first time.
A Course Feedback Form is available and can be submitted at any time during the session. An online form will be sent out at the end of the session. The Education Working Group uses the information to improve, change, or search for instructors for OLLI classes. Please let us know your views about the classes at OLLI.
Return the form to the OLLI office or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org