Bob Murphy Access Center (BMAC), formerly known as Disabled Student Services
The Bob Murphy Access Center assists students with disabilities as they secure their university degrees at California State University, Long Beach.
BMAC Office – Hybrid Operations
In following with campus health and safety recommendations, BMAC will be operating in a hybrid capacity until the University resumes fully in-person operations and classes. BMAC’s goal is to ensure that we can provide you with assistance during this time. BMAC will continue to offer Zoom appointments during open hours of operation, Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm until further notice.
BMAC Zoom Drop-in Support Room
If students have any questions about how to register with BMAC, renew accommodations, utilize MyBMAC, or have other general BMAC inquiries, please utilize BMAC’s Zoom Drop-in Support Room!
Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Thursday, January 20, 2022 – Friday, February 18, 2022
Meeting ID: 895 0335 2759
Alternative Testing Agreement (TA) Forms and Exam Appointments
Students are encouraged to review the below tutorial and guide when navigating the Alternative Testing module in MyBMAC:
- How to Submit Alternative Testing Requests Using MyBMAC - PDF
- MyBMAC Alternative Testing Video Tutorial
For all face-to-face exams to be taken at the BMAC office, the alternative testing agreement must be completed by the course instructor via MyBMAC. Once completed, BMAC students can make an exam appointment request using MyBMAC.
BMAC asks that face-to-face alternative testing appointment requests are made seven (7) days in advance of the scheduled exam date. Requests submitted after this deadline are subject to rescheduling the exam according to BMAC space and staffing availability.
For all virtual/online exams, BMAC students and instructors are being asked to accommodate exams within the virtual class environment. Virtual/online exams will be approved to be taken at the BMAC office on a limited, case-by-case/needs basis.
Please contact BMAC Support Services at BMAC-Exams@csulb.edu regarding any Fall 2021 exam accommodation support or questions.
The Bob Murphy Access Center is in the process of implementing a more streamlined note taking service for qualifying students in the Spring 2022 semester.
BMAC will be in contact with students approved for note taking services within the first two weeks of the Spring 2022 semester with further information. Please contact BMAC at BMAC@csulb.edu if you have immediate questions.
TIPS TO BE A SUCCESSFUL VIRTUAL STUDENT
- Communication is key!
- Communicate with your classmates, professors, and BMAC as needed, early and often.
- Be self-motivated
- Establish an effective time management plan
- Set up a daily academic schedule using a planner with time-blocks and deadlines
- Be technologically prepared
- Explore BeachBoard, Zoom, and other features on your SSO to become comfortable with an online learning environment.
- For basic desktop and BeachBoard support, contact the Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or (562) 985-4959.
- Create a good study environment
- Avoid games
- Turn off cell phone
- Beware of internet surfing
- Set up good lighting and comfortable seating
Download the Bob Murphy Access Center Brochure (PDF)