Bob Murphy Access Center (BMAC), formerly known as Disabled Student Services
The Bob Murphy Access Center assists students with disabilities as they secure their university degrees at California State University, Long Beach.
BMAC Office Working Remotely
In following with campus health and safety recommendations, BMAC will be operating in a hybrid capacity for the Fall 2021 semester. Our goal is to ensure that we can provide you with assistance during this time. BMAC will continue to offer Zoom appointments with limited in-person appointment availability during open hours of operation, Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm until further notice.
Alternative Testing Agreement (TA) Forms and Exam Appointments
Students are encouraged to review the below tutorial and guide when navigating the Alternative Testing module in MyBMAC:
- How to Submit Alternative Testing Requests Using MyBMAC - PDF
- MyBMAC Alternative Testing Video Tutorial
For all face-to-face exams to be taken at the BMAC office, the alternative testing agreement must be completed by the course instructor via MyBMAC. Once completed, BMAC students can make an exam appointment request using MyBMAC.
BMAC asks that face-to-face alternative testing appointment requests are made seven (7) days in advance of the scheduled exam date. Requests submitted after this deadline are subject to rescheduling the exam according to BMAC space and staffing availability.
For all virtual/online exams, BMAC students and instructors are being asked to accommodate exams within the virtual class environment. Virtual/online exams will be approved to be taken at the BMAC office on a limited, case-by-case/needs basis.
Please contact BMAC Support Services at BMAC-Exams@csulb.edu regarding any Fall 2021 exam accommodation support or questions.
Is my notetaker still responsible for providing me notes during online instruction? Yes, your notetaker is still responsible for providing you supplemental notes during online instruction. If you experience any delays in receiving your notes in a timely manner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
TIPS TO BE A SUCCESSFUL VIRTUAL STUDENT
- Communication is key!
- Communicate with your classmates, professors, and BMAC as needed, early and often.
- Be self-motivated
- Establish an effective time management plan
- Set up a daily academic schedule using a planner with time-blocks and deadlines
- Be technologically prepared
- Explore BeachBoard, Zoom, and other features on your SSO to become comfortable with an online learning environment.
- For basic desktop and BeachBoard support, contact the Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or (562) 985-4959.
- Create a good study environment
- Avoid games
- Turn off cell phone
- Beware of internet surfing
- Set up good lighting and comfortable seating
Download the Bob Murphy Access Center Brochure (PDF)