Sexual Assault Investigations for First Responders
Using lecture, class interaction, and video this class is designed to give first responders the tools needed to effectively conduct thorough sexual assault investigations.
This course provides public safety personnel with the knowledge and skills to recognize incidents of sexual assault and how to properly respond and investigate these crimes. Case strategies, response protocol, and best practices are also covered.
This course complies with Senate Bill 665 – Title IX for Law Enforcement
$149 - 8 Hours, POST Plan IV
2022 - 2023 Dates
|22001||September 22, 2022||Sheraton Garden Grove||Cancelled|
|22001||January 26, 2023||Sheraton Garden Grove||Open|
|22002||April 6, 2023||Sheraton Garden Grove||Open|
Course Control Number
Sheraton Garden Grove
12221 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Because classes fill up quickly, we strongly encourage registering as soon as possible. Please have your training department contact the Center for Criminal Justice at CSULB or call 562.985.4940 to make reservations. If you make a reservation via email please include the following information:
- Class Name and Date
- Training Managers Name
- Training Managers Phone Number
- Training Managers Email Address
- Agency Name
- Name of Attendee(s)
- POST ID # for Attendee(s)
- Email Address for Attendee(s)
You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have registered you for the class. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis, a wait list will be established once the maximum number of students has been met.
- Recognize crimes of sexual assault.
- Conduct complete and thorough sexual assault investigations
- Gain knowledge in current case law and legal updates
- Understand interviewing techniques and evidence collection
- Understand personal biases and how they affect you and your investigation
- Identify resources for victims