Title 15 For Supervisors Course
This course will be taught by Michael Ellington.
This course is a basic overview of Title 15 and how it relates to Adult Type 1 facilities and Temporary Holding Facilities. Participants will develop a working knowledge of Title 15 regulations and special requirements as they relate to juveniles. Participants will be able to analyze their current department policies and procedures and identify the risk factors of non-compliance. Participants will also understand the different types of jail inspections and understand the inspection process.
This course is for supervisors or anyone that has responsibility for a Type 1 Jail or Holding Facility. This course is designed to keep personnel current on changing rules and regulations and to reduce liability and exposure.
$125.00 - 8 Hours, POST Certified, Plan N/A (no POST reimbursement)
$99.00 - 8 Hours, STC Certified
2022 - 2023 Dates
|22001||Sept 22, 2022||Sheraton Garden Grove||Open|
- POST Course Control #5270-30780
- STC Certification: 07941459
Sheraton Garden Grove
12221 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Because classes fill up quickly, we strongly encourage registering as soon as possible. Please have your training department contact the Center for Criminal Justice at CSULB or call 562.985.4940 to make your reservations. If you make a reservation via email please include the following information:
- Name and Date of Class
- Training Managers Name
- Training Managers Phone Number
- Training Managers Email Address
- Agency Name
- Name of Attendee(s)
- Choice of STC or POST credit for each attendee
- POST ID # for Attendee(s)
- Attendee's Email Address
You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have registered you for the class. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis, a waitlist will be established once the maximum number of students has been met.
- Define Title 15 and how it relates to a correctional setting
- Describe the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) and how it applies to Type 1 Jails
- Explain the difference in types of jail facilities
- Analyze department policies and identify liability issues in the jail
- Identify Type 1 Jails Facilities and their requirements
- Identify Temporary Holding Facilities and their requirements
- Identify the six different jail inspections
- Identify special requirements for juveniles in custody