Civil Liability Seminar
With the rising number of civil complaints filed against law enforcement agencies; this course will provide instruction on the basis of legal liability both in the workplace and in the field. It will also focus on programs designed to reduce liability incurring situations. The class will cover and review current events and cases that impact your agency and shape both policies and procedures.
- All attendees must be actively employed by a POST-participating Law Enforcement Agency.
$375 - 24 Hours, POST Plan IV
2022 - 2023 Dates
|22001||September 19-21, 2022||Sheraton Garden Grove||Open|
Course Control Number
Sheraton Garden Grove
12221 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
For those participants who will be flying in, the John Wayne Airport (SNA) is the closest airport.
Because classes fill up quickly, we strongly encourage registering as soon as possible. Please have your training department contact the Center for Criminal Justice at CSULB or call 562.985.4940 to make your reservations. If you make a reservation via email please include the following information:
- Class Name and Date
- Training Managers Name
- Training Managers Phone Number
- Training Managers Email Address
- Agency Name
- Name of Attendee(s)
- POST ID # for Attendee(s)
- Attendee's Email Address
You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have registered you for the class. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis, a waitlist will be established once the maximum number of students has been met.
- Procedural requirements
- Claim investigations
- Representation of public employee
- Trial matters
- Indemnification of police officers
- General areas of public liability involving police conduct
- Specific governmental immunities
- Peace officer disciplinary process
- Confidentiality of police records
- Employment rights litigation
- Overview of civil liability and police misconduct