This course is designed to improve an individual's ability to generate voluntary compliance through the art of persuasion while utilizing the tools of interpersonal communication. The student will receive an overview of Strategic Communications within the use of force scale, communications elements, inappropriate language, questioning techniques, and other communication principals.
This course is appropriate for all personnel that deal with the public and is a refresher of Verbal Judo and the core principles of Strategic Communications.
Students will demonstrate a minimum standard of Strategic Communication skills including listening and persuasion, judgment and decision-making, officer safety and deescalation, and effective verbal commands under stressful conditions.
Classes will be Scheduled Upon Demand
Because classes fill up quickly, we strongly encourage registering as soon as possible. Please have your training department contact the Center for Criminal Justice at CSULB or call 562.985.4940 to make your reservations. If you make a reservation via email please include the following information:
- Name and Date of Class
- Training Managers Name
- Training Managers Phone Number
- Training Managers Email Address
- Agency Name
- Name of Attendee(s)
- POST ID # for Attendee(s)
- Email Address for Attendee(s)
You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have registered you for the class. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis, a waitlist will be established once the maximum number of students has been met.
- The basic components of communication skills and techniques
- Development of listening and persuasion skills as they relate to effective tactical communication
- Skills development to effectively deal with difficult people
- Increasing officer safety through communication
- The affect of public perception and how we communicate with the public
- The impact of body cameras and public perception