This course provides valuable skills for all instructors of California law enforcement including, in-service and public safety dispatch training. Students will gain facilitation skills and an understanding of how to employ adult learning methodologies appropriate for various law enforcement topics. This course meets the basic instructional skills training requirement to teach in the POST Regular Basic Course and for the Academy Instructor Certificate Program. This class is also designed as the first level of the POST Instructor Development Institute (IDI) and is a requirement of those wishing to progress through the IDI program.
Priority for enrollment shall be accorded to an academy's current Regular Basic Course instructors or Regular Basic Course instructor applicants sponsored by an academy.
- All attendees must be within 50 miles from the training site, no TRRs will be accepted.
- The registration list will be reviewed by POST prior to the presentation of the course to ensure instructor status.
$0 (limited availability for non-POST-reimbursable agencies) - 32 Hours, POST Plan V
2021 - 2022 Dates
|21001||Sept 29-Oct 2, 2021||Great Wolf GG||Closed - Private session|
|21002||Nov 1-4, 2021||Sheraton Garden Grove||Waitlisted|
|21003||March 14-17, 2022||Sheraton Garden Grove||Open|
Course Control Number
Sheraton Garden Grove
12221 Harbor Blvd
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Because classes fill up quickly, we strongly encourage registering as soon as possible. Please have your training department call (562) 985-4940 or email the Center for Criminal Justice to make your reservations. If you make a reservation via email please include the following information:
- Class Name and Date
- Training Manager's Name
- Training Manager's Phone Number
- Training Manager's Email Address
- Agency Name
- Name of Attendee(s)
- POST ID # for Attendee(s)
- Attendee's Email Address
You will receive a confirmation email letting you know that we have registered you for the class. Reservations are on a first come first serve basis, a waitlist will be established once the maximum number of students has been met.
- Analyze the Basic Course Instructional System
- Roles and Responsibilities of Law Enforcement Training Instructors
- Adult Learning Concepts
- Generation Differences
- Lesson Plan Designing
- Presentation Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Effective Use of Learning Resources
- Effective Use of Training Aids
- Development of Evaluation Techniques
- Instructional Ethics
- Legal Issues
- Safety Protocols
- Developing Critical Thinking Skills
- Developing Collaborative Learning Skills