Recruitment No: 2022
Position: Part-Time Instructor - Mechanical Engineering, Antelope Valley Extension Program (AVEP)
(Non-General Fund with no benefits)
Effective Date: Ongoing
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a closely related field
- Demonstrated potential for effective undergraduate teaching.
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating a diverse student population.
- Desired/Preferred Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of course(s) to be taught.
- Evidence of effective teaching experience.
Teach courses in Mechanical Engineering at the Lancaster University Center (LUC) in Lancaster, CA, as part of CSULB’s Antelope Valley Extension Program (AVEP). Courses are as follows:
- CAD Using Solidworks
- Computer Programming and/or Numerical Methods Using Matlab
- Engineering Instrumentation and Measurement
- Engineering Thermodynamics and/or Power Plant Design
- Fluid Mechanics
- Strengths of Materials
- Engineering Material Science
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanisms
- Modeling and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- Feedback Control Systems
- Finite Element Analysis
- Heat Transfer
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at California State University, Long Beach welcomes and encourages diversity. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- Letter of application with applicant’s teaching interests
- Curriculum Vitae (include phone number and e-mail address)
- Three current letters of recommendation
- Official transcript from institution awarding highest degree (requested from all finalists)
- Signed SC-1 form and original transcript (requested from all finalists)
Applications, required documentation, and/or requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Praveen Shankar, AVEP ME Coordinator
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
California State University, Long Beach; 1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90840-8305
Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled).
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, political affiliation, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.