Minimum Admission Requirements
- Masters degree in Education or a related field
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in upper division and graduate coursework
- Demonstration of sufficient preparation for, experience in, and potential for education leadership
Who Should Apply
- The program prepares educational leaders for Pre K-12 and Higher Education settings and is designed for working professionals who seek to further influence educational policy and decision making.
- Pre K-12 specialization graduates will increase their capacity and knowledge for positions as principals, superintendents, lead teachers, and other school site administrators.
- Higher Education specialization graduates will be prepared for critical positions at both 2-year and 4-year institutions as college presidents, student support service administrators, and other administrative leaders.
- Each cohort begins classes in the summer, the application deadline is February 15.
- Applicants must submit two applications:
1. A Fall 2020 Semester CSULB Graduate Admissions Application via Cal State Apply
- Available online after October 1 at Cal State Apply and supporting documents:
- Official GRE scores sent directly to Enrollment Services
- Official transcripts for all college coursework sent directly to Enrollment Services
- Current Resume
- Three letters of recommendation
2. Ed.D Program Application and supporting documents:
- Application Form
- Statement of Purpose
- Writing Sample
International Student Applicants
Please fill out a Cal State Apply Application and submit Program Application and supporting documents to the Center for International Education. Additionally, the University has an English Language Requirement that must be met.
Please visit the Center for International Education Website for information on steps to apply and required documents.