The Education Specialist Credential Program allows candidates the opportunity to submit a written petition to ask for an exception to any program policy. Policies that are put in place by the CSU, CTC or Ed Code cannot be petitioned.
To submit a petition for an ESCP Policy you must present a case in writing and fully document it. Follow these instructions:
- Compose a written statement presenting your situation and reason for asking that an exception be made to the ESCP policy. Review the ESCP website for these policies.This is your opportunity to provide the committee with ANY and ALL information that will assist them in determining whether or not an exception to ESCP policy should be made for your situation. (No more than 1-2 pages double spaced)
- Click here to complete the ESCP Petition form via DocuSign.
- Attach your unofficial MyCSULB transcripts showing what credential coursework you have completed at CSULB.
- Attach any materials that support your written statement such as CBEST/CSET scores, Certificate of Clearance, verification of enrollment in supplemental courses, etc
- Submit your Petition form and all supporting documents via DocuSign.
The petition results will be emailed to you within two weeks after submitting your petition. Petition decisions are final and cannot be appealed.