HyFlex Student Assistants provides personalized, technical support for instructors who are assigned to university HyFlex Classrooms and will be teaching in a HyFlex modality.
HyFlex Classroom Student Assistants are trained technicians whose primary role is to set up, operate, and troubleshoot classroom equipment. With this support, instructors can focus on students and the integration of in-person and online learning.
- Visit our HyFlex Classrooms and Instruction site for more HyFlex resources.
HyFlex Student Assistant Duties
HyFlex Student Assistants can provide support with:
- Setting up and testing equipment prior to class start time.
- Operating audio/visual hardware during class (e.g., focusing cameras on key points in the classroom, switching between picture-in-picture modes and input sources).
- Streaming and/or recording lectures; adjusting lecture capture settings (microphone, video).
- Managing Zoom meeting interactions (e.g., monitoring virtual chat, adding and removing participants, managing Breakout rooms, posting content in chat, muting noisy participants, etc).
- Uploading and organizing videos and content to BeachBoard courses.
- Cycling through presentation slides.
- Reporting technical issues to ATS for remediation.
Requesting a HyFlex Student Assistant
HyFlex Student Assistants are reserved for instructors assigned to teach in one of the university HyFlex Classrooms and who are planning to use synchronous video conferencing (Zoom) and lecture capture (recording) equipment throughout the semester.
To request a HyFlex Student Assistant, please complete this interest form: HyFlex Student Assistant Request
After receiving your request, an ATS Classroom Support team member will contact you with more details and coordinate scheduling. If you have any questions, please contact ATS Classroom Support Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.