Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health Stipend
- The LACDMH stipend is for graduate students who are in their second year of field placement, who will graduate in May 2021, and who are interested in pursuing a social work career in the public mental health field.
- Recipients must be willing to make a commitment to work full-time for at least one full year in a Los Angeles County Mental Health agency or a county-contracted agency after they receive their MSW degrees.
- Preference for this stipend will be given to qualified applicants of ethno-cultural minority groups who are served in increasing numbers by LA County DMH agencies.
- Fluency in a second language as needed by mental health agencies in Los Angeles County is also a plus. Other selection criteria will be established and will be stated on the application.
Students in the Integrated Health and Adulthood and Aging Specializations who are interested in applying for this stipend MUST note this on their 2nd year field placement applications.
- Applications for this year’s stipends will be emailed to all students in the Integrated Health and Adulthood and Aging Specializations once your second year field education internship placement is confirmed to be a qualifying placement for this stipend program. These placements are usually confirmed in May each year.
- Please note: this stipend program is dependent of the availability of county funds.
- If you have further questions please feel free to contact Dr. Meyer-Adams at email@example.com