Events & News
10/17/22 - 11/11/22: CHHS Wellness Campaign
The College of Health and Human Services would like to support your health and wellness as we reconnect with ourselves, one another, and our campus this fall! Please join our four week wellness campaign by participating in the following:
1. To qualify for an incentive prize, track the number of minutes you spend moving here.
2. For weekly meditation/reflection prompts, download a copy of our weekly movement journal.
3. Use the provided wellness map to identify the wellness spaces on campus and take time to reflect.
4. Invite your peers/colleagues to join you as you walk, roll, or ride.
5/4/22: Fuel with Nutrition
Movement Monday: April 10th
Great Beach Walk-On | 12:15 pm | Friendship Walk at the base of the USU stairs to upper campus
Kick off your week and celebrate with College of Health and Human Services by participating in a one-mile fun walk around campus. Run, jog, or walk the route with refreshments and snacks provided along the way! Please join Archery Instructor, Mel Leach, for an Archery Demonstration from 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm out by the Softball Field!
CHHS Inter-professional Activities on Aging | Students Only
Healthy aging is a concern for all. Join Departments from the College of Health and Human Services in inter-professional activities designed to highlight issues related to aging and exercise, aging in place, and aging within the Long Beach community. Meet current faculty and students of Departments who will lead fun activities such as role playing with aging suits, “I Spy” in a simulated apartment, and a tabletop game highlighting how an aging person interacts with community institutions during a natural disaster.
Lauda Lecture | 5:00 – 7:00 pm | The Pointe @ the Pyramid
Living an active lifestyle enables us to have the energy and vitality we need to best serve our families, our colleagues, and our communities. Join us in a conversation about how we can connect campus and community partners to make Long Beach even healthier. Learn from healthcare and campus leaders about how the Exercise is Medicine Initiative is being implemented globally, and how we can use its principles in our city and at Long Beach State to improve our community’s health, wellness, and happiness. A social hour with light refreshments will be held from 5:00 – 5:30 pm, immediately followed by the Exercise is Medicine Panel Discussion from 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
Guest Panelists Include:
- Dr. Robert Sallis – Chair of the Exercise is Medicine Advisory Board
- Dr. Monica Lounsbery – Dean of the CSULB College of Health & Human Services
- Devon Stone – Undergraduate Fitness Major at CSULB
Live Your Life Day Tuesday: April 11th
7th Annual Live Your Life Day | 11 am – 2:30 pm | Speaker’s Lawn in front of the CSULB Bookstore
Need to refuel, recharge, and reenergize your soul with some positive energy and good vibes? This year’s theme is LIVE YOUR LIFE: WHEREVER YOU ARE. We’ve got emotional support animals for you to cuddle with, hammocks to rest in, free massages, a photobooth, a DJ, live musical performances, dance and cultural pieces performed by student groups, fun games, and free lunch served! Come and learn from over 40 different organizations providing helpful resources both on campus and within the community. Life Your Life Day is hosted by Project OCEAN and dedicated to promoting mental health and overall wellness (emotional, physical, social, and spiritual) for all college students and members of the community.
Wellness Wednesday: April 12th
CHHS Wellness Fair | 11:00 am – 2:00 pm | Friendship Walk at the base of the USU stairs to upper campus
Spring into health and wellness at the years 2017 CHHS Wellness Fair! Activities will include: a relaxing mind-body workshop, a Fueling Your Exercise nutrition booth, informative wellness activities and screenings led by various campus and student organizations and much more!
Highlights of the CHHS Wellness Fair:
- Mind-Body Workshop: Join us for relaxation from 12:15 – 12:45 pm on the HHS1 West Lawn on lower campus
- Fueling Your Exercise Nutrition Booth: Visit Friendship Walk from 11 am – 2 pm for giveaways & education
- Free HIV Testing: Visit this mobile testing center from 11 am – 2 pm next to the HHS1 West Lawn on lower campus
- project chill: Check out the North Lawn from 11 am – 2 pm to chill in a hammock & enjoy a popsicle
- Dog Park: Visit Recreation & Leisure Studies' booth from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm to play with "Cooper," a therapy dog!