The Office of Professional Development and Internships prepares CSULB engineering students for successful careers at leading regional and national employers. PD&I matches engineering students with internship and job opportunities, and helps students get their resumes in front of employers at internship and job fairs.
Workshops and industry presentations held in the Fall and Spring semesters provide in-depth advice on:
- Writing effective resumes
- Job searches
- Interviewing techniques
- Time and stress management
- Current job and internship opportunities
- Navigating the application process
- Company culture and organization
Find an Internship
Internships prepare you for engineering careers in industry, consulting, government, or research. Working as an intern helps you gain real-world experience and establish relationships with potential future employers. View and apply for internships at the Career Development Center. Before applying for an internship:
- Prepare a professional resume
- Have it critiqued by the Career Development Center
- Attend Professional Development Workshops
- Attend Speaker Series events.
Employers look for interns with:
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Technical knowledge related to the job
- The ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Find an Intern
With skilled technical workers in short supply, fresh engineering graduates can keep your company growing and achieving its goals. CSULB's high-caliber engineering students emerge trained in the latest technologies and with a broad understanding of important theoretical foundations in their disciplines.
CSULB is known for producing well-qualified graduates in:
- Aerospace engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer engineering
- Computer science
- Construction engineering management
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
If you need engineering interns or are considering setting up an internship program, contact the Office of Professional Development and Internships at 562.985.5603. Or post your internship openings online and receive resumes and cover letters from interested applicants.